Home | About | Donate

In Historic House Vote, Only 10 Republicans Join Democrats to Impeach Trump for Inciting Insurrection

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/01/13/historic-house-vote-only-10-republicans-join-democrats-impeach-trump-inciting

2 Likes

According to CNN “the largest bi-partisan impeachment vote in history”

lol with only 10 Fascists

9 Likes

That’s because the Cheney family is trying to remake itself. Looks like they think the Republican Party is going to survive after all.

6 Likes

“Death threats” from within the exceptional nation. Cue us up some Lee Greenwood right about now…

5 Likes

Exceptional death threats.

6 Likes

Bigly and yuge with promises of Presidential Medals.

3 Likes

Is the Presidential Medal of freedom depicted as a banana in a jungle?

6 Likes

Better than no votes. Run with the narrative as long as it is useful.

3 Likes

Good point.

1 Like

"When people show you who they are - believe them! "(Maya Angelou) Now with this vote, Biden knows exactly the depth and magnitude of not just their denial (of reality, fair election) but of the obsessional and rabid nature of all those 197 Republicans who voted against impeachment. They responded and continue to response exactly as Karl Rove dictated. “We’re an empire now, and when we act, WE CREATE OUR OWN REALITY. And while you’re studying that reality – judiciously, as you will – we’ll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that’s how things will sort out. We’re history’s actors . . . and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.” (Ron Suskind, NYTimes Magazine, Oct. 17, 2004). These Representatives are busily insisting on their fictional narrative over Reality.

6 Likes

LOL well the Universe has a great sense of humor. Biden beat trump 306 to 232, in the election.
But in the House , those with a brain made the vote 232 (YEAs) to 192( nays) Are there any numerologists here… as 232 shows up in both votes. What does number 232 represent as his could be great fun! But Trump loses both times when 232 shows up. ; )

1 Like

Treachery is expected from republicans, being that they adopted treason as their foundational value.

4 Likes

“Wednesday was an extremely traumatizing event. And it was not an exaggeration to say that many members of the House were nearly assassinated,” she said. (AOC)

“I myself did not even feel safe going to that extraction point because there were QAnons and white supremacist sympathizers and, frankly, white supremacist members of Congress in that extraction point who I know and who I had felt would disclose my location,” she said. (AOC)

Later Tuesday, Sarah Groh, chief of staff to Ayanna Pressley, told the Boston Globe that as the Massachusetts congresswoman and her staff hid from the approaching invaders, they discovered that the emergency system in her office had been manipulated without explanation.

“Every panic button in my office had been torn out – the whole unit,” she said.

~https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/13/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-aoc-capitol-attack-instagram-live-video

==============

This is no mob - this is an attempted coup, and beyond a reasonable doubt - elected members of the GOP were complicit.

So the ten Republican votes for impeachment are an indication of just how rotten and subversive are the vast majority of House GOP members.

Then there’s the Senate - Cruz looks like a ringleader to me, and AOC, who obviously is much more aware than I am, has called for Cruz and Hawley to “get out”.

I have a question ?

Has any president ever been changed with “incitement to insurrection” ???

8 Likes

Some of the Amoral bunch are going to wish they hadn’t sided with Trump after his GOP loving psychotic mob kills thousands in a couple of days from now.

2 Likes

AGREE! They do not deserve to be called a legitimate American, political party, we need to change their name to what their party really is: THE AMERIKAN FASCIST PARTY!

4 Likes

70% of Republican voters believe Trump and don’t think he should be impeached. If he is barred from future office, those people will be looking for retribution. Biden promised to turn down the temperature. Instead, it’s going to go sky high. Dark days.

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy the fact that Trump will now go down in history as the first president to have been impeached twice. But no conviction will be forthcoming, not with the Senate yet in the thrall of Mitch McConnell, the Doctor Evil to Trump’s pussy cat.
Meanwhile Trump continues to defecate all over the govt with decisions that will have to be undone when sanity returns to the White House. Thus tying up the Biden administration and keeping the incoming administration from addressing the important things needing their immediate attention.
So much better would have been invoking the 25th Amendment and ridding this nation, and this world, of an horrific mistake that was Donald J Trump.

3 Likes

Lee Geenwood:
“And I’m proud to be an American
Where at least I know I’m free
And I won’t forget the men who died
Who gave that right to me”

Except, of course, for the 100,000 American soldiers who died fighting against NAZI Fascism in Europe in WWII, they are flipping in their graves right now at the most severe disrespect imaginable, as NAZI’s proudly bearing swastikas’ receive the warmest possible welcome right from the white house itself, and all without a whisper of the slightest complaint from 50 percent of the government and the populace.

9 Likes

I knew when I saw the poll numbers resettling so quickly that this was the outcome. Everyone’s media machine worked as advertised and as expected. I’m impressed at the speed with which it took hold all the way around. So kudos, I suppose, to capital’s professional head f**kers. You earned a big check, this time.

That said, I would urge everyone to breathe and just try to get though the next couple of weeks intact. This appears to be the beginning of the formal endgame for this stretch of human history, and the fight’s going to go on for a long time–long past our lives. Start setting up whichever side you wish to prevail. If you’re a lefty, the same advice holds: start learning how to organize like our antecedents did. One prole at a time. The next time there’s a rush on any formal institution of power, our job is to make sure the dominant flag is a red one.

5 Likes

95% of House Republicans still believe in "Mob Rules."

Time to purge some human garbage from the U.S. Government.

5 Likes