Home | About | Donate

In 'Huge Victory for Polar Bears and Our Climate,' Court Rejects Trump Approval of Offshore Drilling Project in Arctic

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/07/huge-victory-polar-bears-and-our-climate-court-rejects-trump-approval-offshore

3 Likes

As Monsell concluded: “The Trump administration seems determined to push polar bears further down the path to extinction before leaving office.”

With his less than stellar response to COVID-19 polar bears aren’t the only creatures he’s pushing down the path to extinction.

10 Likes

He’s a complete sociopath, pathological liar, cheat, coward, thief and sub-human all around piece of shit. I am so relieved that the Arctic might be saved from this criminal.

You know what the coward is going to do don’t you? He’s going to leave the country, probably before his term is up. It’s the only way he can avoid going to jail. He’ll leave his kids to handle the prosecutions and sentences. And they deserve it, and they deserve him. Damn, what a complete piece of shit that mentally ill child Trump is.

9 Likes

I honestly hope he does leave this country before January 20, 2021; like you, I am so seriously sick of him (and his family) I would be thrilled if he would sneak away in the middle of the night so that we could awake to the news that he is gone – and I do mean any form of gone!

*I hear Rude Ghouliani has covid – I still hold out hope that the covidiot will get a deadly case of it by Christmas and be entirely incapable of recovering (I’m not really convinced he had it last summer – I think he faked it to get attention).

5 Likes

Good news. It’s been a while.

4 Likes

Guess you didn’t hear Ghouliani has Covid; it hurts “people” his age more.

"The Orange Demon Went To Georgia."

Just Released by Don Caron- Don’t Miss It.

~https://youtu.be/DNaYf_i1HJE

Honestly, you don’t want to miss this.

5 Likes

I can sure tell you that seismic testing would affect aquatic life, such as whales and seals. If has been proven to disorient them and chase them away from traditional productive areas. The out-of-sight-out-of-mind folks are duplicitous liars and should be strung up by their thumbs.

5 Likes

Works for me too Wolfess. Gone for good.

3 Likes

The issue i have is that in all these cases the corporations involved show no concern for the habitat, the ecosystem, the environment in general for the terrifying impact they’ll have on everything. One might argue that it is their business model to continue looking for and extracting fossil fuels everywhere and anywhere they deem economically feasible. They know that oil and gas explorations and exploitation of the planet is extremely harmful to the health of all species and the planet just as cigarette makers knew that cigarette smoking caused cancer and emphysema but deny any knowledge. They can invest in alternative energy, however the bang for the buck isn’t good enough so they continue poisoning our air, land and water as they have been for almost 100 years. What a damn crying shame. If i were a lawyer i’d jump on the first opportunity to bring a massive class action lawsuit against all major and minor oil and gas companies on the planet starting right now, right here in the USA.

3 Likes

When a candidate for public office faces the voters he does not face men of sense; he faces a mob of men whose chief distinguishing mark is the fact that they are quite incapable of weighing ideas, or even of comprehending any save the most elemental — men whose whole thinking is done in terms of emotion, and whose dominant emotion is dread of what they cannot understand. So confronted, the candidate must either bark with the pack or be lost… All the odds are on the man who is, intrinsically, the most devious and mediocre — the man who can most adeptly disperse the notion that his mind is a virtual vacuum. The Presidency tends, year by year, to go to such men. As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

• H.L. Mencken
6 Likes

I can think of another organ they could be strung up by.
;-})

8 Likes

I know: by their pinkies!

'Tis the season, as they say, for exquisite sadistic fantasies – after all, for Extians this Exmass is supposed to honor the birthday of someone who wound up getting strung up (around Eaxter, I think). Orangeman fancies himself crucified, according to observer WRP:

Trump mentioned those two GOP candidates, Senators Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue, a handful of times, but spent the vast bulk of his remarks nailing himself to a whole forest of crosses. “We’re all victims,” he puled more than 90 minutes into his rant. “Everybody here, all these thousands of people here tonight, they’re all victims, every one of you.”

~https://truthout.org/articles/sick-leave-housing-aid-unemployment-congress-has-our-lives-in-its-hands/

It’s as if the whole family, and all their associates, took a master-class in how to look incredibly ugly. Ghouliani gets sick and I’m going “Die, you scum – I hope you die, die, die!!!”

I’m not making fun of anyone in this forum. I’m just as guilty of the sadistic fantasies as anyone. The pit into which this cast of malefactors drags us – exactly as they mean to do. I hate it about myself that I’d love to see those anti-polar-bears strung up by the short-hairs (should they have any left).

2 Likes

This from 9 years ago:

~https://www.theguardian.com/world/2011/jul/28/arctic-scientist-polar-bear-oil

Yes, it hurts older people more but he’s part of the “elite” inner circle that’s gets the special treatment and medicine that the rest of don’t get. And many die as a result. Of all the people in Trump’s inner circle that have contracted Covid how many have died? No one that I have heard of.

Nice. This came up on YT when I brought up your link. It’s along the same lines and pretty good also.

(h)ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWgPPfUdydU
“Ghost Donald In The Sky” - Parody I The Freedom Toast And Parody Project
Parody Project Platform

2 Likes

Happily, this decision by the Court of Appeals for the 9th circuit (made by 2 Clinton & 1 Obama appointed judges) won’t be overturned by the SCOTUS as Trump has run out of time to take it to them.

2 Likes

Not that pinkie.

2 Likes

Thanks Ol’ Hoss! I was going to come up with the same comment but you beat me to it.
;-})

2 Likes

I would rather have them strung up by some other body parts, oh wait, what I had in mind is in short supply if not totally non existant with them
Never mind go with the thumbs then❗

2 Likes