Home | About | Donate

In 'Huge Win for Pollinators, People, and the Planet,' EU Bans Bee-Killing Pesticides

In 'Huge Win for Pollinators, People, and the Planet,' EU Bans Bee-Killing Pesticides

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Faced with mounting scientific evidence that bee-poisoning neonicotinoids, or neonics, could cause an "ecological armageddon," European regulators on Friday approved a "

This is great news. Next up for banning: glyphosate and GMOs. Of course I don’t expect the corporate-owned US gov’t to follow suit, but stranger things have happened.

One for the bees. Great news. :honeybee:

Will the U.S.A. follow suit? Likely not, with the family values mob in charge.

It could happen, we can’t ignore environmental genocide forever. This is good news for now.

Aluminum: New factor in the decline of bee populations?

geoengineeringwatch.org – more info

It’s great news but we have to see if it sticks. The European union is a trade union and it’s as bad as NAFTA. They’ve declared all kinds of laws including GMO label laws illegal under their agreement. I hope this sticks and spreads though.

It is great news despite the fact that Bayer, Germany, recently acquired Monsanto, the corporation that brought us glyphosate and GMO’s. Profit oriented Bayer Corp, who colluded with the fascist regime of Nazi Germany, is lacking a moral compass and we’ll just have to wait what their policies will be…

Wow, what looks like a piece of actual good news.

We need so much more along these lines. We need a cascading and accelerating wave of ecological and humanistic legislation that transforms the economy; ends the fossil fuel economy; ends war (including these forms of industrial agriculture that are modeled on war); and ends political rule by colonizing corporations, plutocratic profiteers, and the military-industrial complex.

But i will celebrate this good news.

The US is a business-run country though, with or without Trump

It is said “you don’t miss your water till the well runs dry”.

Humans will VERY MUCH miss our critical pollinators, especially bee species! If we allow chemical poisoners to evade regulation thru corrupt politicians and ignorance, the pursuit of profits above all else, or just greed and arrogance, we allow the extinction or decimation of bees and other pollinators we all will pay a very high price! In China they allowed bees to vanish and now must pollinate by human hands with tiny brushes!

If government means anything it must be to protect the health and safety of the people as well as our planet, now threatened as never before by fools and charlatans, intent on destroying protections for humans and a sustainable future for all creatures!..

“Stewardship” is a task corrupt politicians are failing - more than just failing they are actively under the trump regime of stupidity, destroying bi-partisan regulations passed over decades to protect our nation and the world, and THAT SHOULD BE A CAPITAL CRIME!

No argument there. Just that (the collective) we are literally poisoning ourselves in the process.

I am so willing to B one of a group that drags the miserable SOB Pruitt -along w/youknowwho & the rest of his venal conscience-less Cabinet of Horrors out into the fields to inhale the poisonous Roundup et.al.
That’ll surely “get their attention” about the murderous qualities of these bee-killers.

Yes except the EU just approved glyphosate, big mistake.

Yay for the bees!

I lost three hives in the early 2000’s. I quit beekeeping. This is a good start.

Importing bees from Europe to the US will add even more to the US trade deficit that Trump and the best Congress money can buy tell us is is so threatening.

If one wonders why extraction industry supported Conservative Infotainment Complex press organs hate the EU: this is a case in point. For its’ myriad of faults, this sort of measure is possible whereas this is merely a pipe dream in the USA & other countries where the likes of Rupe Murdoch and the wannabes in his warped wake hold sway.

The planet has been doing fine for billions of years without human “stewardship.” We’re not fit to “manage” the planet and fellow Earthlings.

What is a “sustainable future for all creatures” when human interests always trump theirs?