Home | About | Donate

In Latest 'Alarming' Attack on Science, Pruitt Reportedly Moving to Restrict Use of Research in EPA Policy

In Latest 'Alarming' Attack on Science, Pruitt Reportedly Moving to Restrict Use of Research in EPA Policy

Jake Johnson, staff writer

A deeply unpopular plan by one of the Republican Party's most notorious climate deniers to restrict the use of scientific research in government rule-making isn't even advancing in the GOP-controlled Congress, but EPA chief Scott Pruitt appears to be planning to adopt it as official agency policy.

If Pruitt cannot perform the duties required for the job, he should be removed.

If he’s unwilling to leave, perhaps We the People can make his life miserable so that he’ll want to leave.

PonyBoy he is doing exactly what he was put there to do. Bannon discussed it openly at the time…Pruitt, DeVos, Mulveney and all the rest were put in place to destroy “deconstruct” the government and therefore leave it defenseless against the total control of the Corporate Fascists. They are doing their job quite well. Yes they are outright traitors…as are all the rest if you get right down to it. The Republic is dead my friend.

This isn’t responsible, or even sane, governance, especially in an agency supposedly “regulating” and protecting the public health and safety! The enormity of pruitt’s actions if not based on science and, you know, _facts_and truth, are based on lies, supposition, “religious” claptrap, malignant narcissist “agent orange” stupidity, BS, and corrupt politics!

The oaths trump regime figures (and trump himself) took apparently mean nothing, or whatever the fish-head dear leader says they mean, designed (if that description can even be used in the insane sociopath trump administration) to empower profits and exploitation above any and all notions of decency in society, and honest truthful governance by people devoid of honesty and even limited qualifications for their posts! Isn’t that clear reality a violation of something for loves sake?!

How much longer can this overt destruction of our environment, nation, society, and people be tolerated from the truly evil and pathologically ignorant and corrupt trump regime? ENOUGH!

No Science Research in determining EPA policy…You just can’t make this shit up. Yes indeed up is now offically down and inside is now the new outside. Don’t try to make sense of it, just obey and don’t question your betters who know what is best for you.

Come on Dan, We need a brainstorming session here at Common Dreams. There are a lot of incredibly bright people here.

What could millions of us do at the same time, that would make Pruitts life miserable?

Anybody?

Besides showing him how the science of gravity works by egging his house.

Usually when things get bad enough the serfs revolt. We aren’t even close to that so buckle up, you are about to experience the ride of your life.

And let’s not leave out Interior Secretary Ryan Zenke who set up the Federal Wildlife Advisory Board, a board created to help rewrite federal rules for importing the heads and hides of African elephants, lions and rhinos has many trophy hunters, including some members with direct ties to President Trump and his family. Nothing is sacred under this backward leaning oligarchy.

On this appointment and DeVos (education) I have been sufficiently convinced-The United States is a failed state. Not because of Trump and the GOP. Because the bulk of American are doing NOTHING to respond. The public should be demanding both these appointments be shoved out the door. The EPA is being dismantled, and the country is carrying on yaking on their phones. I absolve myself and others who are concerned for our kids and our country’s future responsibility beyond a certain point. Since 1980, MOST Americans, including Democrats, have succumbed to a near total dumbing down of real time stuff-environment and education are happening NOW. There are certain areas where we cannot wait. These are them.

Just another reason to flee. If you have the funds move, while you can, to somewhere that has a wee-bit of sanity left.

Pruitt is a tool, nothing more. They don’t care any more about him then they do about you or me. If you eliminate him it is a simple matter to find another lackey to replace him. I feel your frustration dude…and you have every right to feel that way. We are fucked my friend.

Most Repugnacins will agree that making “decisions” based on real scientific knowledge is dangerous to their corporate cause. Better for them to allow their corporate handlers to feed them their pseudo scientific decisions and keep their campaign contributions flowing.

Zeig heil to the oligarchy.

Thank you kangaroo supreme court for citizens united!

I agree except the oligarchy and corporatists are supported by political lackeys from both the Republican and Democratic parties. Even with small upward ticks in various years, we’ve been on a downhill trend regarding environmental protection and educational programs for decades regardless of the party in office.

Pruitt is another moronic pig that needs to be utterly destroyed.

This is clearly another step toward fascism. The public gets the truth from two main sources, scientific research and the press. Trump and gang have launched an all out attack on both. This is central to the white nationalist agenda which millions of Americans enthusiastically endorse. They don’t care about democracy and apparently don’t care about public health. The just seem to want a highly competitive society where the government is sidelined and the white power structure is in control.

Oh look, it’s “alarming.”

Quick Question: If we are so concerned about science reports, why on earth does the media spend so much time on the EPA, when over 90% of ALL GOVERNMENT SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS are made by the DOE and NSF? When was the last time literally anybody made a single article detailing a scientific study by one of the US National Laboratories? 5 years? 10 years? 15 years? Never?

Why is it only when scientific reports are removed that the general media is actually concerned about scientific reports?

Perhaps Pruitt is going to substitute alchemy for science?

I predict a major boom in witch doctors, dowsers, and old wives telling tales. The opportunities abound…