Home | About | Donate

In Latest Colossal Lie, Trump Falsely Claims Pence Has Power to 'Reject' Electors

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/01/05/latest-colossal-lie-trump-falsely-claims-pence-has-power-reject-electors

2 Likes

He looks really glum in that photo. As if to say i’ll be glad when this is all over.

1 Like

Louie, dense tense Pence and the 74 million vote getter.
What a trio.
Any other society, nation and even continent would
shrug these off like ants at a picnic.

2 Likes

Ok, so
(2) VP has no such power.
That hasn’t bothered these guys much in the past. .So if Pence indicates (in one way or another) That he doesn’t accept these results , or puts the envelope in his pocket and refuses to read the results, or tears it up (ala Nancy) and changes the the subject, etc, etc

What happens next at that point?

2 Likes

The Pence! Standing there in his red, white and blue skin-tight pajamas with the big “P” emblazoned on his chest, with the wind blowing his super-cape (there’s a fan off-camera), the Pence uses his superpowers to stand for Truth (no way!), Justice (gag me with a spoon!) and the American Way (well, corrupt politics is so genuinely American).

The Pence’s superpowers:

The power to reject electors with a single super-punch: no way!

The ability to be invisible: actually, yes, yes, YES!

1 Like

He gets shot. :))

1 Like

i enjoy watching the republicans squirm in terror at trump’s wrath. you know mcconnell is thinking “i got my 3 supreme court justices and my tax break for the rich, now please go away and take your lunatic base with you”

2 Likes

McConnell needs this lunatic base badly. He has to hope not too many die off soon. They can take congress both houses in 2022 if dems flub again. Then 2024 win the white house with a white man running their ticket.

To counter, dems are gaining the yoinger peoples.

2 Likes

One legal scholar noted that “the only responsibility and power of the vice president under the Constitution is to faithfully count the electoral college votes as they have been cast.”

The operative word folks, is “FAITHFULLY COUNT”!

1 Like

As I understand relevant Constitutional interpretations, the rule is: Pence can’t just do stuff like this on-the-fly until we install a congressionally-approved drosophila on-the-Pence.

Buzzed presiding is impaired presiding. Pull over, call a cab, or find a rest-stop.

1 Like

“Majorities in both chambers would have to agree to reject a slate (see 3 USC §15). Spoiler alert: This will not happen.”

True, but what if one Party has a majority in both chambers and the ‘President-elect’ is from another Party?

Unfortunately, there is probably still too much ‘World’s Greatest Democracy’ baloney embedded in the collective guts of America for any chance of reforming how Presidents are elected, let alone reconsidering the giving of executive power to an individual.

Meanwhile, in case there any here who might have been away the day the 1876 election was mentioned at school: +ttps://www.history.com/news/reconstruction-1876-election-rutherford-hayes

1 Like

That would something. Its going on 67 years since anyone has been shot in the House Chamber!

2 Likes

You people have one weird president. he makes Kim Jong-un look rational in comparison. On top of that , 74 million people actually voted for him.

Is there something in the water?

2 Likes

I was wondering that myself. The way I see it, it can’t be effectively passed down the chain 'cause it’s basically turtles all the way down.

Of course, the last time I saw Pence do anything was in the debate with Kamala Harris.
That was when the fly sat on his head too. It sat for quite a while—now if PENCE enters the chamber, all abuzz, like the Lord of the Flies—we will know then, that America is doomed for sure.

3 Likes

So how are you guys coming along with that northern wall? :)))

1 Like

Somethong toxic, for sure.

1 Like

Well it was meant in a “hollywood” style sequence of events. Cos that’s what would happen in a “denzel washington”/ “james bond” type film. Who was that person 67 years ago.? (Not well up on American history) :frowning:

1 Like

Nah not toxic. More like hallucinatory. Maybe LSD. They are surely “tripping” some of these people. :))

1 Like

67 years ago:
+ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1954_United_States_Capitol_shooting