Home | About | Donate

In Los Angeles, the Poor People’s Campaign Makes a Powerful Case for Housing as a Human Right

In Los Angeles, the Poor People’s Campaign Makes a Powerful Case for Housing as a Human Right

Aleta Sprague

When Silvia Hernandez first immigrated to California over two decades ago, she worked tirelessly to support her family. After holding jobs in sweatshops, factories, and housekeeping, she pursued a cosmetology license and began doing hair professionally. She was well aware that the “place where I was coming from and my skin color” meant she “had to work harder than other people if I wanted to make money.

In his first year in office, Trump’s Congress gave him a Trillion dollars, so he gave it to himself and all the rich fucks.

Not too smart when many are hungry and
suffering.

Los Angeles has the problem, and Democrats (for the people!) and progressives have controlled the city and county government for ¿how long?

Time for all those rich liberals living in the better neighborhoods to show that heart and fellow-feeling is more important than possessing money or possessions. What are you’all going to do to fix the problem? (And oh yes, will you account for and show that your methods are actually fixing the problem?)