Home | About | Donate

In Mali and Rest of Africa, the U.S. Military Fights a Hidden War

In Mali and Rest of Africa, the U.S. Military Fights a Hidden War

Nick Turse, The Intercept

The general leading the U.S. military’s hidden war in Africa says the continent is now home to nearly 50 terrorist organizations and “illicit groups” that threaten U.S. interests. And today, gunmen reportedly yelling “Allahu Akbar” stormed the Radisson Blu hotel in Mali’s capital and seized several dozen hostages. U.S. special operations forces are “currently assisting hostage recovery efforts,” a Pentagon spokesperson said, and U.S. personnel have “helped move civilians to secured locations, as Malian forces clear the hotel of hostile gunmen.”

" The general leading the U.S. military's hidden war in Africa says the continent is now home to nearly 50 terrorist organizations and " illicit groups" that THREATEN U.S. INTERESTS."

Excuse me general, but who is the illicit group? What U.S. interests? That statement is the epitome of hypocrisy! What right gives you the right to demonize the people that THREATEN U.S. INTERESTS!

" I helped make Mexico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys. I helped in the raping of a half dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went unmolested."

General Smedley D. Butler. War is a Racket.

The military is nothing but the muscle to protect the vested trillion $ interests of the world wide Amerikan Empire. General Butler saw that 100 years ago.