Home | About | Donate

In 'Monunmental Win for Reproductive Freedom,' Mass. Lawmakers Override Governor's Veto to Affirm and Expand Abortion Rights

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/29/monunmental-win-reproductive-freedom-mass-lawmakers-override-governors-veto-affirm

Thank you Massachusetts! Women’s bodies are their own! Of course, men had the protection all along! But the best part is that this is Mass. law, and even if the US and the women in this state are safe from the religious and strange people who want to control women’s bodies. Although, I wonder about 3 of the judges on the Supreme Court. I still really wonder, if the teen daughters of Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, and Coney Barrett were raped, would these parents force their daughters to give birth?

I find it amusing that the age of sexual consent and for abortion in MA are 16, but you have to be 18 to get an unrestricted drivers license or join the armed services and 21 to smoke or drink, and depending upon circumstances a parent can be required to support (and pay for college) for a child into their 20s.

I wonder when America will determine when someone is actually to be treated as an “adult”?

Great news but with a tinge of sorrow that this further cements the Red State/Blue State divide for women’s healthcare. While it’s important to celebrate the occasional victory when it comes, keep in mind the millions of sisters who are living under theocratic, misogynistic autocracy elsewhere. So, which state is next, now that there is a blueprint for gittin’-it-done?

1 Like

Argentina against a strong alliance of religious conservatives became the latest nation to legalize abortion.

1 Like

another example of why it is so much better to have Democrats in office than Republicans. Those who value reproductive freedom have to beware all the anti-Democrat rthetoric on CD

This is great news for gun rights. The Supreme Court will no doubt find that if you are old enough to get an abortion, you are old enough to buy a gun and that a 16 year olds right’s have been infringed.