Home | About | Donate

In 'Much-Needed and Significant Positive Step' for Democratic Party, Barbara Lee Announces Bid for House Caucus Chair

In 'Much-Needed and Significant Positive Step' for Democratic Party, Barbara Lee Announces Bid for House Caucus Chair

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Long-time progressive champion Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) on Monday officially announced her widely speculated and highly anticipated candidacy to serve as chair of the Democratic Caucus, the party's fourth-highest rank position in the House, for the next congressional session.

Run Barbara, run!

BRAVA and all the best to Barbara Lee!

Let’s see who the cretinous DINO party establishment corporate-whore wing sends up against Rep Lee to steal the seat, like Obama sent “uncle”-Tom Perez stole the DNC Chair from progressive Keith Ellison, and like so many other neoliberal “centrist” stooges have been trotted-out to sabotage true progressives and the radical change needed to defeat the trump regime, and maintain the Clinton-Obama wing DINO status quo!

“my career has been dedicated to finding common ground and delivering results”

That sounds good. If she wins, hopefully the Democrats will have a majority in the House and therefore have some power to do something other than try to stop the Republicans.

Ain’t going to try to top that…

This is a real progressive anti war candidate. Let’s remember she was the only one that voted against the war in afghanistan in 2001.

After her vote against the AUMF she survived attacks from the Right and the Left. We reelected her in this district overwhelmingly. She is again opposed this election by a Green candidate who will fail.

I wish Lee would replace Pelosi.

Perhaps now AO-C will withdraw her statement that she would consider Pelosi for caucus chair.

MARGARET BRENNAN: Well right now there is a female leader within the Democratic Party, Nancy Pelosi. If you are lucky enough to win in November and come here to Washington will you support her?

MS. OCASIO-CORTEZ: You know, I need to get to Congress first. I need to work on winning my general election, but I’m excited to–

MARGARET BRENNAN: You don’t see her as the party leader?

MS. OCASIO-CORTEZ: I mean she is the current party leader, absolutely. And I look forward to be parting–to be part of that conversation and, and winning back the House. There is no decision about the party leader until we win the House first.

MARGARET BRENNAN: So you are leaving open the possibility you may endorse her, if you win in November?

MS. OCASIO-CORTEZ: Yeah.

Let’s see where this goes.

Not up to your standards, eh, Mr Johnson?

Um. Two different positions.
Lee is running for caucus chair (and Ocasio-Cortez, according to the story, supports Lee for that post).

Pelosi remains the House Minority Leader. That’s the one Ocasio-Cortez was asked about in the gotcha interview.