Home | About | Donate

In Photos: As Fury Grows, Tens of Thousands Rally Across US to Demand Immediate Action to #CloseTheCamps

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/02/photos-fury-grows-tens-thousands-rally-across-us-demand-immediate-action

1 Like

I hope those misfortunate people in those despicable camps get to hear about these protests. So they at least know there are humans with a concience.

9 Likes

About time Mass Protests have begun! This is Not Nazi Germany… Yet!

8 Likes

I hope that many clever people dressed as the Statue of Liberty, to be a part of these protesting groups —to remind ICE and the Border Patrol , that it’s not just the Immigrants who need, "TO BREATHE FREE, " but the government and major media need to remember that too!

2 Likes

Authoritarians and their supporters belong in cages.

7 Likes

A little perspective here, please. The headline claims “tens of thousands”. Let’s be generous and allow 30,000 protesters around the country. A country of around 327 million people. That means that approximately 0.009% of the US population went to a protest. Not exactly Hong Kong, is it? Why is this even considered newsworthy?

2 Likes

"I promise you that my colleagues in Congress and I are doing everything we can to make sure that we bring sanity back to this administration, that we bring humanity back to this administration, that we do everything we can to protect those children, those women who are mothers to those children, and make sure that people have justice," said Haaland. “That’s what this country is supposed to stand for.”

Uh, no you aren’t. No impeachment, no jailing of Congressional subpoenaed witness no shows, approving a new immigration funding bill with no restrictions.

4 Likes

You are confusing a citizen evolution at the border with a CIA coup attempt.

2 Likes

That’s about a fourth of the total number of “asylum seekers” that we’re apprehended last month at the southern border. Even if each one of those protesters would sponsor one family it would barely make a dent.

1 Like

Sorry. You lost me. CIA coup?

1 Like

No kidding on the ignoring of subpoenas. If you have a contempt charge, and are stopped by police for anything, they will put you in the lock-up until you see a judge. These numbskulls trump has hired deserve even less favor, not more.

Yeah, but they keep getting away with it. Since when is ignoring a subpoena accepted in this Country? That’s breaking the Law. If no one does anything to stop it, it will get worse… not for them… but for Us!

1 Like

There is a lot more on the line in Hong Kong, but your right that is something to consider.

The thing is, that the ONLY was to end this fascist corporate bullshit is by hitting the streets: Often, and in very large numbers. That’s what it took to end Vietnam, that’s what it took to deliver [some] civil rights, etc. Historically, that’s what it takes.

*Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.* Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them, and these will continue till they are resisted with either words or blows, or both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

• Frederick Douglass
4 Likes

Release those being held but keep the camps open to house Trump and the GOP after they are brought to justice.

Perhaps we can turn the water off to the toilets so they won’t have ANY water to drink ?

2 Likes

And tens of thousands will be on the Mall on Thursday celebrating with the monster, who, by the way, is almost certain to be re-elected. Maybe he is what this country deserves after all.

1 Like

Smerl is correct, the HK protests are backed by the CIA to destabilize China. It’s explained in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5paUnW44neE

2 Likes

Yeah, RT is the Russian version of VOA.

Got to watch RT a few times in hotel rooms. A lot of anti US propaganda.

Reporting is not propaganda. Can you point out a single incorrect statement or claim made on RT in regards to America?

3 Likes

Agreed. Sites lose credibility – no matter what site it is – when they exaggerate the numbers. If one wants to see “tens of thousands,” then yes, look at Hong Kong. You’ll never see anything like that (like Hong Kong) here in the US where the masses are lulled into a coma by their phones.