Home | About | Donate

In Quiet Post, Veteran Journalist Bill Moyers Announces Site Closure, Calls on Readers to Remain 'Vigilant' and 'Engaged as Citizens'

In Quiet Post, Veteran Journalist Bill Moyers Announces Site Closure, Calls on Readers to Remain 'Vigilant' and 'Engaged as Citizens'

Jon Queally, staff writer

"Democracy is fragile, and no one can say with certainty that it can withstand the manifold risks to which it is now exposed," writes Moyers in farewell

Veteran journalist Bill Moyers on the set of Moyers & Company in 2013. (Credit: BillMoyers.com)

THANK YOU Mr. Moyers for all you have done to inform the public over the years. You have eased up over the last few years, but at 83 I think that is to be expected.
Good luck in the future, you will be missed.

Thank you Mr. Moyers for everything. The peaceful man with an equally powerful conscience. The best to you, we will miss you .

Dear Mr. Moyers,

We have never met. You do not know me from Adam but you and I have had many memorable discussions through these past years. You have been one of my fondest and fieriest of teachers. You have kept my feet on the ground much in the same manner as Eric Hoffer, Joseph Campbell and the Dalai Lama.
I wish you comfort and peace while you pursue life to it’s fullest.
Your Friend, Gilbert

Farewell Mr. Moyers. You will be missed. Thank you for all your indefatigable journalism. You are and always will be a true human. Much luck and love to you.

You will greatly missed, Mr. Moyers! I can’t begin to tell you how much I have enjoyed your work over the years. Good luck to you and enjoy your retirement…for real this time!

What an amazing Person Thank You

But I’ll hope he’s just changing again

Spirit like his is hard to retire

I am sure Bill Moyers will be watching carefully and will respond to situations when called for. He is a national treasure, an honest man and will be very much missed.

Very good closing Mr. Moyers,

Thank you for being specific about Russian oligarchs being the problem meddlers in our election choice among US oligarchs.

Oligarchs present the same problems to democracy in China as they doe in Russia and the Americas.

Oligarchs everywhere want to own Cosmos and direct evolution for personal profit.

I disagreed with what had been said about Russia’s meddling in American elections, but never forgot the decades of good work that you’d accomplished. No matter what, I’d always and will always consider you a great American. All the best.

He started his public service career as Deputy Director of the Peace Corps in the Kennedy administration in the early 60’s, not, as this article tells us, in the Johnson administration.
But I agree with all comments, he was an honorable man.

Thank you Mr. Moyers. I wish more people understood what the word “service” actually meant. A reasoned voice and a honest critic. Two things one doesn’t see very often.