Home | About | Donate

In Show of 'Breathtaking Cruelty,' Trump White House Unveils Plan That Would Evict Tens of Thousands of Children From Public Housing

In Show of 'Breathtaking Cruelty,' Trump White House Unveils Plan That Would Evict Tens of Thousands of Children From Public Housing

Julia Conley, staff writer

Using the federal agency that oversees public housing to wage its latest attack on immigrants, the Trump administration has proposed a rule that critics warn would result in tens of thousands of children being evicted from their homes.

1 Like

More specifically, Ben Carson, who grew up in public housing. Maybe he thinks he is doing them a favor.

The subject of every article re this administration’s cruelty and arrogance is meant to appeal to the republican base. Whether it’s family separation at the border, SNAP cutbacks, banning Muslims, ridiculing opponents, catering to the NRA, Israel and religious right, the goal remains the same.

Each of these immoral and punitive actions attached to Trump can be equally attributed to those who support him. And they’re proud of it.

9 Likes

It seems to me that the immigration issue is simply supplanting the abortion issue as the divider du jour. I truly think it is that simple and we know that if IQ45 has his tiny prints on it, it has to be kept simple. Oh, I should include the residents in Trumptardia in this discussion.

1 Like

Hi Jerry_Davis… nah. Ben just wants to spend more money on his HUD office furniture, remember, that $30,000 meeting table? Yeah, I guess Ben wants some more expensive stuff, and well I guess he will just take money from immigrants and spend it on some really fancy chairs, or maybe that first table really isn’t BIG enough for him.

But BEN, we’d like you to look up Trump’s mother. She did come from Scotland, but did she really become a citizen? If she’s not then, does that make Trump illegal, or hey maybe 1/2 of an illegal? I bet Trump would approve deposing 1/2 illegals-----if only we could prove he was before he figured out he was :).

2 Likes

What a fine bunch of Christians they are. Jesus wept,

5 Likes

Every once in a while when crap comes from on high I wonder if it’s all a test to see how many people are willing to overlook that crap.

1 Like

THAT is the most brilliant reference to the asshole that could EVER be thought up. WOW!

I think so, too, however I must give credit to others from another board(s) in cyberspace for it.

1 Like

On many occasions Obama’s policy proposals were killed by the GOP - even when they were in the minority. The Republicans have been quite creative as the “party of no.” The Democrats would rather focus on $100k of social media ads (half of which were placed after the 2016 election) placed by some Russian people, that couldn’t possibly have had a significant impact on an election that cost $billions paid for by US oligarchs, than stop any of Trumps vicious policies that will do real and lasting harm to real people living in our country.

6 Likes

Them right-wingers are running on empty.

They’re scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Eat yourself inside out and disappear.

That’s the last of them we’ll ever hear.

1 Like

In the movie “Conspiracy” the meetings authored by Major Heydrich that set forth the plans for the Final Solution, were portrayed in brutal honesty. The crux of those meetings was not only how to dispose of the subhuman Jewish mongrels, but what exactly constituted a Jew. They eventually arrived at the policy that if one grandparent was Jewish, making you at least 1/4 Jew, then you were to be exterminated.
That sort blanket “guilt by association” policy is what they are trying with this new HUD policy. If you happen to have a relative, no matter how distant, that is an undocumented refugee, then you entire family will be punished.
The demonization of minorities and their subsequent collective punishment is a tell-tale sign of a nation that has slipped into authoritarianism.
Here we are.

6 Likes

Make no mistakes about it, Ben Carson is just as insensitive and mean- spirited towards immigrants and poor ppl as his boss Trump is.

I seriously doubt it Trump knew which buttons to push at HUD to enact this policy. Which means, Carson and his team of assistants probably introduce this sickening policy to Trump, and as expected he signed it !

2 Likes

All Trump is really saying here is: “What are you going to do about it?” Carrying signs in protest - do you think he cares? There could be 75 million signs and he wouldn’t consider changing his policies for half a second. Democracy is a transference away from the powerful rich elitists to the ordinary people, and never is such power conceded willingly. Nobody gives it to you…ever, you have to take it! Preventing organized crime, (corporations), from overthrowing the United States would have been a good reason never to bring Trump’s kind to power in the first place, but its far too late for that approach now. Too late for us. Too late for Iran. Too late for Venezuela. Too late for the plants and animals of the earth. Too late for the human species.

1 Like

Unfortunately many angry ignorant hateful uneducated whites actually want the non whites out of the country. That’s all they know hate and hate more because they were hated and abused from the moment they were born.

1 Like

The way Trump’s puny brain works is that he asks people to tell him where to make cuts. They show him options and he picks the least contavecial anti immigrant choices even though it might save the government a tiny insignificant amounts. But his base loves it

1 Like

Abusive systems create abusive individuals…

2 Likes

Republicans don’t qualify as human. they are animals

1 Like

We are all animals. If you mean the non-human kind, then they are far better than our species when it comes to not committing intentional acts of cruelty. Humans need to own up and stop projecting their behaviors onto other species.

3 Likes

Trump may be stupid, but he’s outsmarting Democrats on this issue something fierce.

This is a winning issue for the GOP. Poor Americans already suspect that people here illegally–and by that I mean migrating without going through the normal admissions process, awful as that is–are getting access to social benefits that many, if not most, of them don’t. And this is a classic case of that. Public housing is scarce as hell anymore, and anytime a poor worker finds out that illegals are obtaining it in some fashion or another while they languish on endless waiting lists for help is guaranteed to stoke the outrage meter to maximum.

This may be bad policy, but it is far from "breathtakingly cruel’–especially if you consider the zero sum game that is social benefits these days. It’s not less cruel than telling a single disabled man that he has to wait three years for a voucher to a rare unit while he finds out that someone who just recently barged into the country illegally has three hots and a cot in the public housing townhouse two blocks away. That’s pretty darn cruel, too.

I realize that most posters here are middle class liberals, and that you have no idea how bad things are down here. But you wade into this muck at your electoral peril. The more you participate in pitting poor people against poor people. the easier you make it to dispense with customs like asylum, which is going into the toilet because of general immigration issues that are dealt with poorly. And asylum is of critical importance to preserve. But we’re losing it because of liberal support for “undocumented migration” that often comes at a material cost for domestic poor workers who are tired of being ignored. And even more tired of paying for your “feel-good” politics with their bodies and well-being.

This is not the way to deal with immigration as an issue and an even worse way to deal with endemic poverty. Stop choosing sides between the unfortunate. The only people to benefit form this are the corporations who have been bankrolling this issue for years in order to keep wages suppressed and middle/upper class citizens who can get a nice price discount for their bloody housekeeping labor.

You want migrants to get access to social supports? I’m fine with that. With the very big proviso that you provide it to everyone.

3 Likes