Home | About | Donate

In States and Cities, Celebration of Indigenous People's Day Continues to Spread

In States and Cities, Celebration of Indigenous People's Day Continues to Spread

Common Dreams staff

"That the colonization of the Americas made possible by Columbus was both cruel and tragic is not a matter of debate. The history is settled."

My family has been here in America 360 years this year. I am a guest, an unwelcomed guest. Hitchcock vs Lone Wolf must be over turned. It established Plenary control of Congress over all Native Americans. Establishing a second class society and the harshest form of discrimination possible. Banishment. My Great-Grandfather was Hampton L. Carson, legal council for Lone Wolf before the Supreme Court, it was his biggest loss and now my burden. I have contacted Sen. John McCain asking for the over turning of this punitive ruling and have gotten no reply.

Will you Help???

Some good news for my spouse who is a proud, Native American. The egregious, punic, insult that Columbus discovered America, when Native Americans were already here and some claim had been here for at least 10,000 years before Columbus arrived, has been taught in schools for far too long and I wonder how long it will be before the American schools, curriculum reflects the truth.