Home | About | Donate

In the Best Interest of Justice: Prosecutor Joins Activist Calls For Peltier Clemency

In the Best Interest of Justice: Prosecutor Joins Activist Calls For Peltier Clemency

In a "truly extraordinary" and evidently unprecedented act, a former prosecutor of Native American activist Leonard Peltier, now in his 41st year in prison for a shooting at Wounded Knee he has unceasingly denied committing, has joined myriad, decades-long demands of rights advocates to free Peltier. Supporters have long argued the trial for one of this country's key political prisoners was deeply flawed, engendering "one of the greatest injustices in the American justice system.”

" One of the greatest injustices in the American justice system."

That quote says it all!

Zimet sez: "Dunne and other attorneys filed a clemency request last year to President Obama in hopes he will include Peltier in a final flurry of pardons."

Why does this not strike me as a comforting or optimistic revelation?

What's disturbing to me is, that this same scenario of an unjust prosecution, based on Police Lies, Witness Coercion and Withheld Evidence, is, and has been, repeated in countless other Anonymous cases across our Nation, on a regular basis.

Land of the Free?

Home of the Brave?

Our Country has become the Home of a Criminal Ruling Class, overseen by a Minuscule, Corrupt percentage of our citizenry whose directives are carried out by a combination of both Ignorant, and Ethics Free, Mercenaries.

Perhaps this will nudge the President to do the right thing. I will remain hopeful. They can never make up for the toll on Peltier's life; but freedom would be one wonderful step.

Amnesty has a petition to sign

Common, President Obama! How can you live with yourself? You, know. That lanai on the beachfront golf course in Maui, alone, won't do it, sir. Free Leonard. Nixon was pardoned. Lieutenant William Calley Jr. was pardoned. WTF?

Of course, and Wall Street did not go to jail! I have signed many petitions. Long overdue.