Home | About | Donate

In 'Victory for the People,' Judge Tosses Out Exxon's Attempt to Keep Climate Crisis Knowledge Hidden

In 'Victory for the People,' Judge Tosses Out Exxon's Attempt to Keep Climate Crisis Knowledge Hidden

Julia Conley, staff writer

A federal judge brought the public one step closer on Thursday to discovering how much Exxon Mobil knew about its fossil fuel development's effects on the climate, as she threw out the company's lawsuit seeking to end a probe into its alleged cover-up.

Just when I was about to abandon all hope in the federal judiciary, Judge Caproni offers redemption. Brava! and thanks for not letting money get in the way of a just ruling. Let the discovery phase begin.

Power To The People, Right On!

Trump says that climate crisis is a Chinese hoax, I have never heard him mention what he based his bogus information on…but it would not surprise me if he was told that lie by Exxon!

I wonder what happens if say everything environmentalists want comes true. All the lawsuits against these companies are won and these companies are forced to pay hundreds of billions in fines which they cant afford, and maybe they have to file for bankruptcy or stop all production. A great win for the environment. Hmmm but then what?

Probably all those fines will go into the poor, starving, unequipped, Pentagon/military budget and We the People will be charged even more taxes to pay for all this.
*Way past time for We the People to take this country back and clean up all this mess.
*For those who find this confusing, actually read the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution paying close attention to the Bill of Rights, then compare those precepts, which worked pretty well for over two centuries, with what we have now in the Fourth Reich, after the illegal, misnamed and unconstitutional Patriot Act and its numerous clones and addendums rendered the above moot, unless we take it back!
;-})

you have no idea what you are talking about nor is this in any way related to my comment.

Wow, we’ve had several good judges in the last two days.

Chinese? I’ve heard it all! And, here I am dreading wild fire season because it’s getting worse and we barely saved some major cities last year. We are going to start losing them. We’re at the tipping point and it was probably crossed this winter. It was too close last year.

As bad as Trump is, I don’t think we have heard anything yet!

Sorry, didn’t intend to offend. I was just rhetorically answering that last question, based on what we see in this country. No matter what happens, We the People pay for it and the corporations get bailed out or rewarded by the red or blue sock puppet that governs for them at that particular time.
*I was also being a tad sarcastic. :wink:
;-})