Home | About | Donate

In Wake of Turkey Provocation, Putin Orders Anti-Aircraft Missiles to Syria

And so, it begins.
;-})

I'm banging my head over the continued existence of NATO. Its absurd that the USA won't cooperate with Russia to get rid of ISIS. The only reason the USA won't is because the the USA wants a certain outcome of the events and otherwise doesn't care what goes on over there. The behavior of the USA here is totally selfish!

Your statement brought to mind these words of Joni Mitchell in her song "The Fiddle and the Drum"

And so once again

My dear Johnny my dear friend

And so once again you are fightin' us all

And when I ask you why

You raise your sticks and cry, and I fall

Oh, my friend

How did you come

To trade the fiddle for the drum

You say I have turned

Like the enemies you've earned

But I can remember

All the good things you are

And so I ask you please

Can I help you find the peace and the star

Oh, my friend

What time is this

To trade the handshake for the fist

And so once again

Oh, America my friend

And so once again

You are fighting us all

And when we ask you why

You raise your sticks and cry and we fall

Oh, my friend

How did you come

To trade the fiddle for the drum

You say we have turned

Like the enemies you've earned

But we can remember

All the good things you are

And so we ask you please

Can we help you find the peace and the star

Oh my friend

We have all come

To fear the beating of your drum

Worse than that. The US and its regional allies in the ME are engaging in arming, funding, ISIS. For months now ISIS has been running convoys from the seized oil fields in Syria to Turkey. That the US has obviously known about this, and has known about Saudi and Qatar direct support of ISIS makes the US a State sponsor of ISIS, a State sponsor of terror.

Putin comes to the scene, points these things out, starts attacking ISIS and other groups fighting against Assad as US proxy, and messes up the little game that the US and its regional allies have had supporting terrorism in the region in their common bid to take down Assad.

Since Russia is taking on ISIS near the border of Turkey, and Turkey has shot down a Russian fighter jet with US and NATO support, that of course equates to the US and NATO protecting ISIS.

Aint it all just grand.

Wouldn't you've done the same? I would have. AA is passive, and might never be used...but I bet Turkish pilots are going to be verrrry carrrreful about where they're flying, for awhile.

That alleged violation of Turk airspace, given the Turkish radar track, was, as I'm sure you, too, noticed, pure BS -- the flight path was pretty clearly transitory.

When the Malasian airliner was shot down, I found it completely unbelievable that the Ukrainians would use a laughably unsuitable aircraft to do it, but very credible, especially after watching "Strelkov"'s jink-and-duck interview, that the Russian separatists did it, possibly by accident tho more likely by stupidity.

But it's not hard to believe that that Su-24 shootdown was an intentional provocation by the Turks under DC control. Putting in AA seems like a mild response.

One might even say psychopathic.

Right about now Ankara and Washington are banging their heads trying to figure out how to protect their Al Qaeda assets (brand names-IS, Al Nusra) while the Russian Bear (growl) is insisting on fighting a war on terrorists. Washington needs to keep their assets in play; Obama reiterated his demand that Assad must go.
I shudder to think how this all plays out especially when people like Cookies Nuland still have so much influence. In the meantime, Nuland's terrorists in Ukraine cut the power to Crimea, no doubt to provoke Russia into doing something rash. It is unlikely to happen the way they want.

I still think about Peace
Po

"Amid these increasing military tensions, the United Nations and NATO both issued statements calling for restraint on Tuesday." Seems to me the call is a bit behind the curve ,, duh

Only since Putin pointed out with satellite imagery the miles long convoys of oil tankers going from ISIS controlled areas of Syria to Turkey, has the US reluctantly joined in bombing those convoys. That smuggling route for ISIS oil, and thus ISIS funding through US ally Turkey has been going on for months.

I'm not offering tacit approval for the bombing of anything rather pointing out the many facts that prove that the US has been directly and indirectly supporting, arming, and funding ISIS through its ME allies in the region.

The unveiling of these truths makes Putin enemy one for the US, NATO, and ME allies who were happily playing the game of supporting ISIS, Al Qaeda, and every other terrorist thug aligned against Assad.

The US sponsors terrorism in its secret foreign policy.

The dirty truth you won't hear on NPR, FOX, or any other MainStream State Media.

What happens when NATO provocation leads to an American Jet being shot down by Russian anti-aircraft?

Then we'll see a return of the draft.

Not a military draft, just the draft of a wind blowing over a dead, very radioactive, world.

Riders of the Storm might be appropriate...first.

That's a really excellent question, and I don't know the answer.

But if it's any comfort, if it does happen there'll be hundreds of little anonymous nobodies on both sides, scurrying around gathering and even exchanging information, doing their tiny best to make sure bad doesn't go to worse.

Always look on the bright side of life, do do do do dee do dee do.

you've got your answer, sadly.

It began when these apes jumped down out of the trees.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Well there are a number of good reasons why Russia is being forced to take these defensive actions. You not only have Turkey shooting down a Russian jet fighter over Syria the other day. In the same time period Israel was attacking the Syrian army killing a number of Syrian and Hezbollah soldiers.