Home | About | Donate

'Incessant Warmongering' Pays Off, Say Critics, as Nikki Haley Joins Boeing's Board

'Incessant Warmongering' Pays Off, Say Critics, as Nikki Haley Joins Boeing's Board

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley is expected to join the board of directors for weapons systems and aircraft maker Boeing on April 29 – a continuation of the Washington revolving door system between government and private corporations.

"It's an honor to have the opportunity to contribute to Boeing's continued success as a cutting edge industry leader and a great American company," Haley said in a statement.

News of the Boeing appointment came less than 24 hours after Haley announced she was forming a new policy group, "Stand America Now."

2 Likes

I can’t 'stand america now as a ‘super power’ any more than I could when the nausea welled with the first performances in the UN, smoothing the way for the return of Bolton, Pompeo, Abrams and the swarm of fetid dirty dealers in the wake of whistle blowing warnings. Just watching the former head of the CIA Brennan on Rachael Maddow. Yuppers, from MSNBC to Boeing the blinkers are blindingly solid gold.
It is really something to contemplate the distortions inherent in the fact that truth tellers must flee as these intensify their infestation.

3 Likes

Have not watched Rachel for years when word came down from high up not to interview people like Jeremy Schaill, Glen Greenwald, Naomi Klein. Watch Dem Now in the morning then listen to KPFK for intelligent interviews with very interesting people and ask the library to order one of their book.

3 Likes

Wait for it. It’s coming like a locomotive down the tracks. Global warming is like a cosmic black hole and devastation has no directives or design or preference. It will make the strong weep and the weak preachl. There is a natural cleansing coming and the wretchedly evil and worshippers of false idols, the parasites, the deceivers will be undone. The good will prevail. Natural forces will reshape humanity’s future, remold planetary priorities. Fear and abject terror are terrific motivators. Overwhelming, incomprehensible response to global warming and collapsing ecosystems will deliver catastrophic, climate change. We ordered it and it is coming. Wait for it.

1 Like

The Human Race is doomed if it’s people continue to support governments that prefer to engage in armed aggression instead of using it’s riches and resources for the betterment of it’s citizens and neighbors.

9 Likes

I agree, but remove the “if”.

3 Likes

HI theoldgoat: I thought the same thing with “Stand America Now.” It just cries out
for all people to scream , " NO we can’t stand it now! "

And all these wars hawks too. That is one thing I just can’t understand. I have heard people say with true conviction that when “Jerusalem falls, Jesus will return. The earth will then fight a 1000 year war and Jesus will triumph.”
So—WHY, would Jesus, said to be the Prince of PEACE , need to fight a freaking 1000 year old war?
All religions all have some lovely ideas, but when it drifts into characters from Comic Con, I just don’t understand! : (

4 Likes

What’s a poor girl to do? She trashed any chance of a political career by joining the Donnie administration so nothing left to do but rake in the Benjamins.

2 Likes

She took me to her castle
And I just couldn’t believe my eyes
She had so many devices
Everything that money could buy
She said sign your name on the dotted line
The lights went out
And Nikki started to grind

Aaah Nikki!!!

• Prince and the Revolution
2 Likes

Darling Nikki…

“Stand America Now” . . . hmm . . . Where have I seen this before? Of course! It´s so much like “Deutschland erwache!” right down to the missing punctuation–and in this case, you don´t even know if it´s supposed to be imperative. Or is it that imperialists are so busy imperializing that they have no time for the pause a comma would indicate?

That this babbler should ever have been appointed to represent the U.S. as ambassador to the U.N. was to bestow most unmerited stature on a homegrown banality whose bosses, themselves the sheerest of mediocrities, have offered almost nothing to the world but death.

O! to hell, too, with the spaces between! “StandAmericaNow” indeed! All hail the (demonic) spirit of the times!

1 Like

I’m shocked I tell you. You don’t think that this honorable woman’s behavior at the UN threatening every country on the planet could somehow have been influenced by this weapons manufacturer?

1 Like

Too bad we had to take down so many species and habitats with us.

And by too bad I mean horrifying.

1 Like

At least she’s out of the government. Hope it stays like that.

1 Like

Perhaps it was meant to be the opposite of ‘Can’t Stand America Now.’

1 Like

Not to mention that Haley, more than any other GOP operative greased the skids for Boeing’s major plant expansion in South Carolina, complete with subsidies, regulatory capture, and keeping those pesky unions out of the equation and relocating thousands of union jobs from other states into non-union jobs in South Carolina.

Just as Congresscritters who pander to corporations have a multi-million dollar K Street gig with their name on it when they retire or are voted out, other political operatives’ pots of gold at the end of the rainbow are equally lucrative.

2 Likes