Home | About | Donate

Increasing Inequality Plunging Millions More Europeans into Poverty

Increasing Inequality Plunging Millions More Europeans into Poverty

WASHINGTON - Between 2009 and 2013, the number of Europeans living without enough money to heat their homes or cope with unforeseen expenses, known as “severe material deprivation”, rose by 7.5 million to 50 million people. These are among the 123 million people(1) - almost a quarter of the EU’s population – at risk of living in poverty, while the continent is home to 342 billionaires.

###

Echo Chamber...with the combining forces of nature and human greed there is a forcing of the reduction of human populations around the globe...what I see is that those that have the most are blind, it is the poor that are willing, in most cases, to clean up the planet so it's livable once again...we have soiled our pants, it is the poor that face it everyday, they are the one's that give the most, picking up trash, cutting pollution by lifestyle adaption(s) (sometimes not by choice). I think if you asked anyone of the top 10% on the globe how do you plant corn (or any crop) they most likely haven't a clue. 5 years ago I met a man in his 70's who hammered nails all day long and at night still could plow his fields with a mule and plow. IMO he was very rich, in talent and will survive, he and his kind. These are the people that are my hero's and need our support so much more than a suit and tie.