Home | About | Donate

'Indefensible': 7-Year-Old Child's 'Horrific' Death in DHS Custody Prompts Outrage

'Indefensible': 7-Year-Old Child's 'Horrific' Death in DHS Custody Prompts Outrage

Julia Conley, staff writer

The ACLU blamed a "lack of accountability and a culture of cruelty" at the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agency (CPB) for the death of a seven-year-old girl who was in immigration custody last week, calling for an in-depth investigation into the child's fate.

This tragedy represents the worst possible outcome when children are held in inhumane conditions.

There laws in the USA that make it illegal to provide these people with water. Government officials in Kansas were pouring bleach on food that people were trying to provide to the hungry and homeless. It sick but these same officials pushing the policy of seprating children form parents and incarcerating them deem themselves as members of a “Christian” Country.

If these “Christians” around for the Sermon on the Mount, they would have arrested jesus.

“Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.”

They did! In the time of Jesus, they were the church hierarchy, called Sadducees and Pharisees or in today’s vernacular, EVANGELICAL, CHRISTIAN,FASCISTS, who I claim, if Jesus came back again would crucify Jesus again! No wonder he is taking so long to come back again.

Jakelin Amei Rosmery Caal Maquin

was a human being.

Department of HOMELAND Security is not.

Another one. This isn’t an isolated incident. Children and adults keep dying in these facilities and they have uncertified medical staff that are not getting them to the hospital until they are nearly dead.

Contact DHS:

Call: 1-866-DHS-2-ICE

Call DHS Headquarters: 202-282-8495

And “pro-life” more than likely. Makes one wonder what exactly they call Life.

Shame on my country for allowing this! This child’s blood is on Trump’s hands (as well as the many Yemeni’s who are dying daily!).

This unfortunate incident illustrates a fascinating social phenomenon in the US.
The Border Patrol, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, and, in general, agencies that deal with foreigners tend to attract people who hate foreigners. This is something that I, as a foreigner who has lived in the US for almost half a century, can attest to with a high degree of confidence.
Interestingly, the hatred towards outsiders that prevails in immigration-related US agencies is most pronounced among civil servants of the same ethnicity as the immigrants they deal with, as well as among lower-middle class whites, a class to which most low-grade public servants belong.
It is for this reason that foul play should be suspected and investigated in this case. But I wouldn’t count on it, the justice system harbors a strong implicit bias in favor of their compatriots in the Border Patrol

So a little 7 year old girl dies at a at an El Paso, USA trauma unit where she was being cared for.
She got there in a a helicopter.
That helicopter was called by the US Border Patrol because girl was sick and having seizures.
That girl and her father, plus another 160 people had illegally crossed the US border the night before and were rescued by the border patrol from the southern New Mexico desert and given food, water and shelter.
Just before that the little girl had dragged thru the desert by an irresponsible adult without being given food and water for days. Tell me that out of 160 people none of them had a sip of water or a candy bar to give her.
Yet somehow the Border Patrol, and the US in general are bad.
That little girl got to live a few hours more in her short life because CBP agents rescued her.
What is wrong with you people?

Seriously, the fact the an irresponsible father dragged her thru the desert for days without food and water had absolutely nothing to do with it? They were lucky they crossed the US border and she lived a few more hours otherwise she would have died in the Mexican desert south of the border and nobody would have known her name.

I wouldn’t say the father was irresponsible but instead perhaps just desperate. That’s how bad things are in Central America and in Mexico. My spouse is Mexican and we hear constantly of the violence and beheadings going on throughout the country. These poor people are doing anything possible to get in to the U.S. Despite the circumstances of the childs death, we have no business seperating parents from their children and locking kids up in cages. Peace out.

Many ICE and Border Patrol agents have so dehumanized migrants that they feel entitled to brutalize even the most vulnerable children. What is clear is that US government officials imprisoned this girl for 8 hours before giving her medical attention. The US officials are clearly culpable for her death, but it is absolutely certain that none will be held accountable.

Disturbingly, many in the US population are well on the way to embracing such violence even when it involves the brutal killing of a young child by armed US officials.

Beyond Trump, it was the President Eisenhower and the US overthrow of the democratically elected a President if Guatemala, in addition to Kennedy, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, and Bush’s support backing of the genocide against Mayans and peasants. These US crimes against humanity are the principle cause for trashing of Guatemala and the fact the people are now fleeing for their lives.

You are ignoring the fact the the US officials imprisoned this little girl for 8 hours prior to providing her with medical attention. Had the US adhered to international law, and provided the girl with medical care, rather than imprisoning her for 8 hours, it is very likely that she would have survived.

HI lament: I’ve read several articles by humanitarian and church groups that talk about going into the desert to leave water for people, who are trying to cross --but the article said that border patrol peopl would e come by and destroy the water containers. Man’s inhumanity to man just doesn’t seem to end, does it. : (

We are paying for punks goons and thugs on the border. Millions of dollars wasted to make human beings life miserable. The that elected this administration should be taxed and jailed as accomplices to murder. Time to clean this White house and fumigate. What have we done, my God what have we done? This is the second nationally sanctioned, child murder on our hands as Americans. To the TIKI torch marchers “Get out of our country” Saudi Arabia is looking for avowed assassins.

Utter bullsh*t! Never should have happened…starting with this country’s meddling in the Latin American countries’ affairs to the fleeing refugees, from migrants wandering through perilous situations to the limited ability to get the hell across US borders safely, to A BORDER PATROL AGENT WHO’S BEEN TRAINED IN BASIC FIRST AID AND CPR who was getting off on being cruel and insensitive, all the way to the other agents who weren’t f’g paying attention to hellooooo…human beings.

Murder charges should be filed against those agents. That little girl SUFFERED in her dad’s (or other family member’s) desperate, horrid trip and SUFFERED in her last few hours. Unconscionable.

Then that C*** Nielsen takes the position that if the wife had had a warm dinner sitting on the table when the old man got home, he wouldn’t have beaten her. She’s a filthy Nazi, I’m telling ya.

You always come thru, Gio. Thanks. I’ve written several times to Nielsen and Holman when he was there ( I hate, loathe, and despise them) and now Vitiello.

Nobody can convince me those people aren’t Nazis.