Home | About | Donate

Indiana's First Church of Cannabis: Because Verily Your Law Is An Abomination Unto Us, and Ye Will Reap Whatsoever You Sow

Indiana's First Church of Cannabis: Because Verily Your Law Is An Abomination Unto Us, and Ye Will Reap Whatsoever You Sow

Pretty much everyone hates Indiana's egregiously homophobic new "religious freedom" law - there's been fierce backlash from businesses, churches, states, cities, legal experts and normal unhateful people - but the most creative response has come from an enterprising libertarian consultant who has delightedly exercised his new religious freedom by founding the First Church of Cannabis - "One Toke, One Smile, One Love" - aimed at "celebrating all that is good in our hearts." His ultimate goal: "A House of Hemp Built with Love" - and presumably with lots of munchies - for all Hoosiers.

Well of course, as it is written:

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it..."

I think what we have here is a mini-TPP, if you substitute profit for religion.
Here's an exerpt from SB 568, with line numbers included:
https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2015/bills/senate/568#document-f6915f8f
"Sec. 6. A state action, or an action taken by an individual based 23 on state action, may not substantially burden a person's right to 24 the exercise of religion, even if the burden results from a law or 25 policy of general applicability,
See, just what investors or corporations can claim for interfering with profits by laws passed by national governments in the not yet passed TPP. And who says Hoosiers are backward?
Anyway, the church looks lovely and since the bill didn't define religion, this just might fly. The t-shirt is awesome.

The first church of Cannabis sounds really cool--more power to them. I hope the law at least results in bigots posting their religious taboos at the entrance to warn away those of whom they do NOT approve. Usually it is easier to deal with bigots if you know upfront what their bigotry is so you can avoid them if you can't humor them.

One toke over the (state) line sweet Jesus,
one toke over the line. smile

It has been reported that annointing one's head with oil in the New Testament was annointing with hemp oil, which made the recipient feel rather blessed. I don't know about this modern invention, wrapping the stuff in a square of papyrus and then lighting one end of it.