Home | About | Donate

India's Attack on Pakistan Sparks Fear of Wider War

India's Attack on Pakistan Sparks Fear of Wider War

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

Warplanes from India launched an attack on an alleged militant camp Tuesday morning, violating Pakistani airspace in the disputed territory of Kashmir in the latest escalation between the two nuclear powers. The attack carried with it fears of wider war between the two countries.

1 Like

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, speaking at an election rally, did not refer specifically to the morning’s attack but said that he would not give in to Pakistan.

And now we know why the tough response. Another Neoliberal capitalist using military strikes to win election (in this case for his Hindu nationalist party). Sound familiar?

3 Likes

Can US fighter jets gunning along the southern border be far behind ?

1 Like

The US MIC kept its customers in that region satisfied over the years:
https://fas.org/sgp/crs/weapons/RS22757.pdf

https://www.armscontrol.org/factsheets/Nuclearweaponswhohaswhat

3 Likes

the term proxy’ comes to mind’- as in the under-the-radar MIC that gave birth to ‘the database’ -al quid-pro-quo quida (?spelling) - proxy, corporate mercenaries like the flagellant brother of the current secy of ed. and pense [less] (fr. ḿindless) knuckle dragging reader of scripts nee michael-imagins-himself-to-be-an-angel (nauseatingly). The puppet strings are shimmering neon these days and the predatory powers are shedding all but the thinnest slime of true believers.

0 Likes

first paragraph from the first link:

U.S. Arms Sales to Pakistan Congressional Research Service

In 2006, the United States signed arms transfer agreements with Pakistan in excess of $3.5 billion, ranking Pakistan first among all arms clients of the United States during that calendar year. The key elements in Pakistan’s arms purchases from the United States were 36 F-16C/D Block 50/52 fighter aircraft for $1.4 billion; a variety of missiles and bombs to be utilized on the F-16 C/D fighter aircraft for over $640 million; the purchase of Mid-Life Update Modification Kits to upgrade Pakistan’s F-16A/B aircraft for $890 million; and 115 M109A5 155mm Self-propelled howitzers for $52 million.
(…)
For the period from calendar year 2005 through calendar year 2008, Pakistan has placed orders with the United States for defense articles and services through the FMS program valued at $4.5 billion

speaks volumes

2 Likes

And that’s how it goes. The MICC will make millions, if not billions, selling arms to both India and Pakistan. A few black ops and both sides will beggar their people for more and bigger bombs. The Fat One and his cohorts will scream MAGA! MAGA! MAGA! and look for some other countries to drag into this mess.
Sorry, kiddies of the world. No more milk or rice. It all goes for ammo and bombs these days.
;-})

0 Likes

The article says China is a long time ally of India when it meant Pakistan. China has border disputes with India. It also said there was a war between India & Pakistan in 1999. I don’t remember that.

1 Like

Thanks for this info. It’s important to know. I was in a M-109 unit before we switched out to 8 inch and 175 mm guns. Nice to eventually know what one of these self-propelled howitzers cost. Considerably less in 1970 I’m sure.
Since we don’t have a GORT to eliminate offensive weapons, why can’t a U.N. force with anti-aircraft guns be parachuted to the border. In effect, stop the fighting. Isn’t that what the U.N. is tasked to do?

0 Likes

The doomsday clock just ticked off a few seconds.

On the bright side, the more people who die in a nuclear attack, the less die from climate chaos.

1 Like

Since we don’t have a GORT to eliminate offensive weapons, why can’t a U.N. force with anti-aircraft guns be parachuted to the border. In effect, stop the fighting. Isn’t that what the U.N. is tasked to do?

You’re kidding right?
The outside operations of the UN are just like the indoor meetings, the US controls everything, and no, it’s not the way it’s supposed to work, but it is - what it is.
When it comes to weapon sales for the MIC, it’s definitely all about the Benjamins.

1 Like

That made me laugh. Thanks

2 Likes

Thankyou harry for those links. Whatever happened to MAD and CND i wonder.

1 Like

The people from those eras are dying off. Or at least the ones back then who didn’t care for MAD are the ones mostly in power.

1 Like

Is it that time of the year again where I will be laying in my bed wide awake all night wondering if WW3 is about to start?

0 Likes

And perhaps some dyslexic, agnostic insommniacs may be doing the same thing but wondering if there really is a Dog.

If it happens it will be quick.

0 Likes

Well this should keep you awake for a few nights. Things are escalating.

0 Likes

The India-Pakistan conflict is often forgotten as a potential spark to ignite conflagration. There is so much attention to other flashpoints – there are many – where world war three might be triggered: Europe, the Middle East, Asia or Latin America. A regional, nuclear, war between the two countries would be devastating for both nations. It is the interconnectedness of disputes that can be a factor in broadening a localized conflict into a world war. That is a lesson from history. The pattern of events demonstrates we have not learnt from the past.

https://www.ghostsofhistory.wordpress.com/

0 Likes

Pakistan has one of the OBOR belt road routes that will reach a body of water, the Indian Ocean in this case.I expect that this skirmish is less about a big war and more about just enough conflict to interfere with OBOR, a powerful force now in the process of uniting Europe and Asia, Africa somewhat also.

1 Like

The first nut on the planet who “pushes the button” will be able to say truly, "I am become death, destroyer of worlds." There is no such thing as a limited nuclear war. The first response, from someone who feels threatened by that first launch, will be to launch a strike of its own, which will be detected by someone else, who will launch. The dominoes will shatter when the box hits the floor, but there will be few, if any, to clean up the mess. What I feared when I watched and felt the first air-dropped H-Bomb in 1956 seems to be getting closer and the creatures that run the planet seem to look on the prospect as yet another computer game, making bets and guesses on who will rack up the most points.
Hint: The winner carries a scythe and rides a black horse.
;-})

0 Likes