Home | About | Donate

Indigenous Resolve 'Stronger Than Ever' as Feds Order DAPL Protest Camp Shut Down

Indigenous Resolve 'Stronger Than Ever' as Feds Order DAPL Protest Camp Shut Down

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on Friday informed Indigenous water protectors and their allies that they have nine days to vacate the main Dakota Access Pipeline protest camp—or else face arrest.

"2,000 American veterans are scheduled to arrive in Standing Rock".

Love these veterans!

Does my heart good to see so many veterans stand up for Standing Rock, which Obama will not, must be difficult to stand with the absence of a spine...punk-ass!

They're afraid of the veterans deploying to the camp next week. That's the reason they're pulling this crap. And it will backfire on them. I'm scouring the internet to find more that I can do to help in some way...wake up & support them, America.

If the FEDS fear violent conforntation they should order those committing the violence to remove themselves. It is not the protesters doing this. This akin to ordering a victim of a beating to leave his neighborhood so as to stop getting beat up.

If the FEDS and Army are worried about the health of the First Nations peoples then they should order a halt to the pipeline construction as the health and well being of the First Nations peoples and millions of others that rely on that water for drinking is at risk to this pipeline , as is the health of the entire Worlds ecosystem to the burning of the oil that will be shipped out of the Bakken to be burned.

Given these facts it patently obvious neither the US Army or the Feds are concerned about the well being of the protestors.

Solidarity is needed now more than ever. At the center of this particular crime and travesty is the predictable silence of the Great Progressive Fraud, the despicable Barack Obama, who has betrayed the people, Mother Earth and Her creatures, our environment, progressive politics, issues, and voters at nearly every turn to serve instead big-money interests, the war machine and police-state and exploitation! I have only contempt for the sell-out servant of wealth and power rather than represent the "common" man and woman!

"He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it" - Martin Luther King Jr.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
- Albert Einstein

We expect betrayal from many but will not tolerate it from those who use progressive issues to advantage only to serve the 1%, corporate domination, greed and the security/police-state.

The violent repression and official crimes at Standing Rock are state terrorism!

Thanks for stating it so well. I expect that with your laying well-deserved blame on Obama, Don (luv from Canada) will be along presently to call you a racist. :wink:

"to prevent death, illness, or serious injury to inhabitants of encampments due to the harsh North Dakota winter conditions,"

And the harsh winter conditions don't exist on the south side of the Cannonball River, where the Army wants to put the Protectors?

the Native Americans met with Obama within the last few months and told them "he had their back". He left out the rest - that he had their back in his gun sights. What a disappointment, although it's no surprise.

I know it must be difficult to organize 2,000 vets but I wish they would go now and not wait any longer. I'm surfing the net looking for news that they are arriving before the 5th. The time to go is now!

The official report is that the Protectors are causing the violence. It's typical of the way the public is lied to and dumbed down. In fact a commentor on this site made the same comment about the Protectors being the violent one's. I sure wish the Vets wouldn't wait another week to go. They are gravely needed now.

"Any individuals found on Army land north of the river after that date would be considered trespassing and could be prosecuted. ": Look here Col. John Henderson unless you are Native American get the hell off indigenous land. Pack your bags and adios! Anyone not of the First Nations is, after all is said and done, a trespasser.

And one more thing: Free Speech is either free everywhere or nowhere.

Call the Army Corps of Engineers (202) 761-5903

President Nobel Peace Prize (202) 456-1111

See you all out in the streets.

Yes indeed! Pope Francis should make a public display of burning that odious Doctrine of Discovery.

There may be some images in this linked site that show some of what you seek........in solidarity and peace - water is life.

No doubt....keep the faith!

Rising and protecting clean Aqua !:sweat_drops:
Wni Waconi!:droplet:

If you want to do more, here's how- they're calling for a boycott of the banks that are funding the pipelines, and doing it in this manner:

Here are a list of the banks:

https://media.wix.com/ugd/4e1500_95739a7f13244bab8d2a846edb9c4b3b.pdf

The vets are making sure that every one of them has the equipment, or will have the equipment, to be able to withstand both the coming winter climate and any front line violence that may be inflicted on them from the militarized state. Such preparation takes time and money. Remember, many of these veterans have fought on foreign lands. They'll go into this prepared; so, please understand that they are assembling as quickly as they are able.