Home | About | Donate

'Insidious' and 'Dangerous': Digital Privacy Groups Issue Urgent Warning Over CLOUD Act

'Insidious' and 'Dangerous': Digital Privacy Groups Issue Urgent Warning Over CLOUD Act

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Civil libertarians and digital rights advocates are alarmed about an "insidious" and "dangerous" piece of federal legislation that the ACLU warns "threatens activists abroad, individuals here in the U.S., and would empower Attorney General Sessions in new disturbing ways."

You can tell a terminally sick society from a healthy one by it’s response to this type of overt fascism. In the healthy society people would come out of the woodwork in droves…plants and factories would shut down and the people would strike. In a healthy society they would hunt down those trying to subvert the basic rights that give that society it’s strength.

A terminally sick society will be watching Dancing with the stars…or the March Madness…and not even be aware that it even was happening until it was far too late.

We few who actually see…are so incredibly fucked. To understand what is happening, but not be able to do a damn thing about it. That is the true price of knowledge.

Yeah, I wonder if the politically, awake Germans during the 1930’s felt the same way. The only smart ones left Nazi Germany.

I have been posting that if you have the funds to leave, flee, get out while you can and this is yet one more reason why. If we are just now hearing about it, it is too late.

Get Out Please Leave

Why should we have to pay for everyone’s medicaid!!!

Go get a job. I refuse to pay for freeloaders freebies!!!

Why don’t you fat$$ politicians pay for it. You have more money than anyone.GET OUT OF OFFICE AFTER 2 TERMS!!!

If a company starts up and makes it big, WHY DO WE HAVE TO GIVE IT TO THE LAZIES WHO WILL NOT LIFT A FINGER TO EARN A LIVING

I would rather stay and fight the fascists, but I understand it may be futile. I have relatives that have gotten out.

I am absolutely sure they did. Many were too poor to leave, or too attached to their home and friends. Many questioned their own conclusions and only too late realized their mistake. Just like here…today. Absolutely no difference in that regard.

You aren’t even on topic…no pay for this post.

Are you lost?
If this is a snark, my apologies.
“Why should we have to pay for everyone’s Medicaid ?”. Because it’s good for society.

Lisa_BB Joined in the last hour. Let’s do the math.

Please see my reply above to Ditton.

Great. the monsters in the PD. My family had a very very awesome gentle guy who loved animals and helped everyone until shortly after becoming a tribal cop he was sent to training in either Utah or Arizona - I forget. He came back the biggest jerk I know. Everytime he visits and sees our animals he’s behaves like an arse and starts commanding them and trying to make them cower. He’s not much better with people. I don’t know what they do to cops but they are NOT alright after that training. We’ve been putting up with it for two years. He’s trying to get out of the police because he considers his co-workers to be the biggest bullys and jerks in the world! After seeing that nice guy change our whole family doesn’t trust them. We’ve met quite a few that we believe shouldn’t be cops. Scary people, scary mentality. After seeing it happen to one of our own, we now believe it’s training.

I am not on the cloud. It took a little determination. Dropped outa facewhatever quite awhile back. Quit eat’n meat too. Started hug’n trees.

Good for you but this “cloud” is different.

I know, it can get pretty darn confusing.

The 5 eyes have been doing this for a while now, this just makes it legal and out in the open (for them, not us). NSA’s been doing it for the other alphabets, they just can’t reveal it in court.

We have corporate welfare in america. Corporations not paying any taxes are the biggest free loaders of all.

The wealthy also hide there money overseas in tax shelters.

In a nutshell.

And knowledge is the power to have realized when the internet first started up that the all seeing eye really was watching all along. And the phone was never anymore private than ever before; in fact, isn’t it easier to scoop up tons of stuff in this digital age? Bugs and wires surely wasn’t as efficient. So why would anyone put anything on a screen they don’t expect to be seen by someone else? It’s fairly simple. And here’s the ass kicker: they get some people to PAY to store their shit on the cloud while someone else comes along pays the cloud keeper to play with or use the information. They are making money off of it. Hand over fist. People are throwing their money away to store their stuff on the cloud and the cloud people are using the data as a commodity. Who could have thought of something so diabolical?

Unfortunately, an awful lot of them couldn’t leave. Nazi Germany had some pretty good intelligence services. They didn’t have the technical capabilities we now have, but anyone even overheard making criticism of the Reich, or planning to escape Germany, would quickly find him/herself being tortured and interrogated by the Gestapo or the SS. Those that survived the torture were often shot, or sent to a concentration camp and worked to death.
*Now, even though we have a lot of fairly professional torturers in this government, this new law they are talking about lumping in with a “must pass” money bill will make everything we say, do, or write, an open book for anyone that decides they want a reason to take us out. What tiny bit of privacy we still have will be taken away. We’ll never know if something we did, even many years ago, could result in our detention, without trial, for life, or even our execution. This government runs on fear and hatred, just as the Third Reich did, and they are every day finding new methods to increase this.
*As people who protest this new Reich start disappearing for their “crimes,” either there will be a revolt, or everybody will just shut up, do what they are told, and never express an opinion because it could be a trial-less death sentence or disappearance.
*People who write and discuss on public forums like this one may well stop because they would never know when some statement could be their death warrant. In that case, the new Nazis will have won.
;-})

Please; a paid troll or operative would be much more effective or at least coherent. Someone is just lost I suspect.