Home | About | Donate

Inslee's $9 Trillion Climate Plan Praised for Showing Why Rapid Mobilization a 'Massive Economic Opportunity'

Inslee's $9 Trillion Climate Plan Praised for Showing Why Rapid Mobilization a 'Massive Economic Opportunity'

Julia Conley, staff writer

A new climate action plan put forth by Democratic presidential candidate Gov. Jay Inslee on Thursday is being praised for highlighting the enormous economic benefits that would result from a rapid shift in the U.S. to a renewable energy that centers the needs of workers and vulnerable communities.

3 Likes

This is not empty, political rhetoric, folks because Jay means what he says, but unfortunately Mr. Inslee’s chances of getting the nomination for POTUS, in my opinion, is somewhere between slim and none…and Slim just left town!

2 Likes

I’ve not had a chance to read the plan in detail yet to be able to make the connections, but from what I am reading about it, this plan puts some significant substance on teh Green New Deal frame. Evergreen is a broad-based, multi-faceted plan that is detailed as well. It does not just deal with climate change but recognizes the economic and social implications as well.

3 Likes

Inslee was a recent guest in Bill Maher and I liked what he was trying to say, but Bill would not shut the hell up and kept interrupting him non stop. Bill seemed agitated and revved up, like he was on Cocaine. You invited Inslee on your show. Have the decency to let the man speak!

9 Likes

Inslee won’t get the nomination but he certainly should be in Bernie or Liz’s cabinet as Interior Secretary. Warren or Tulsi as VP, or Warren as Treasury Secrectary, Tulsi Sec. State.

7 Likes

I read or saw a clip where the answer to national problems is state level action. Maybe the governor should forget he’s running for prez and start working his green plan in Washington state and let it catch on from there to others?

4 Likes

He already has/is.

2 Likes

Inslee/Gabbard 2020.

3 Likes

GREAT NEWS! Thanks, pc!

I am a one issue voter. If we do not have a future then other issues do not matter. The economics of Inslee’s plans are sound and good.

2 Likes

As long as our economy is denominated using the current petrodollar system no amount of “economic” activity can dig us out of the climate change hole. None. Without a rewrite of the meaning of money as it is used on a day-to-day basis no meaningful change is possible. What are the odds that the Powerful would acquiesce to such change? Yep, zilch. Gradualism ain’t in the cards folks. If any change occurs it will be driven by catastrophism. All we need to do is ask the geologists what to expect. After all, they’ve coined the term anthropocene to mark the signature of human arrogance on the planet. How very thoughtful (and accurate) of them.

3 Likes

Inslee’s multi trillion dollar plan is just 6% of our GNP. New clean technology can heat whole cities 100% even in very cold climates…
Canada News

4 Likes

They would have my vote and probably millions of other progressives, but what a shame that we will probably never get to vote for this ticket! In my book Biden has already been selected for the nomination of POTUS by the corrupt,Democratic, elite.

2 Likes

Inslee is the Governor of Washington, State which calls itself: THE EVERGREEN STATE and his plan is to make America: THE EVERGREEN COUNTRY. What a wonderful goal!

7 Likes

Not a bad ticket, and this coming from a solid Bernie backer. I will definitely keep an eye on Inslee from here on out. My dream team is still Bernie/Nina, with the best of the other candidates (Gabbard, Inslee, Warren for sure) in high level positions in the admin.

1 Like

Debates haven’t happened yet and it is a year out from voting. Different candidates have different strengths. I appreciate that governors with executive experience have stepped in.

3 Likes

If humans don’t decouple mitigation of climate change and “economic opportunity,” it will all be over soon.

1 Like

The Arctic meltdown isn’t going to wait for market forces. We address the problem or we see 1200 ppm of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. I estimate that inhibiting the Arctic meltdown would cost the world about $1 billion to $10 billion per year, until we can drive the greenhouse gas level back below 300 ppm.

Otherwise, not bad.

2 Likes

I live in Washington state and when Governor Inslee put a moratorium on the death penality when he first took office, that was a profile in courage. And last year the death penality was abolished by Washington’s Supreme Court. Governor Inslee means business about his climate plan.

5 Likes

Don’t be so certain in your hopelessness. Outsider candidates have come “out of nowhere” in the past to win Iowa or New Hampshire and carry it forward.

Every “invulnerable” power group falls eventually, and often catches us by surprise. Maybe the Titanic of today’s DNC / DCCC is heading for a berg…

1 Like