Home | About | Donate

Instead of Correcting Lies, Corporate Media Use Twitter to Passively Amplify Misinformation From Trump, Study Shows

Instead of Correcting Lies, Corporate Media Use Twitter to Passively Amplify Misinformation From Trump, Study Shows

Julia Conley, staff writer

When using social media to report on President Donald Trump's comments, many major corporate media outlets often succeed only in amplifying his misinformation and lies instead of setting the record straight, according to a new study.

I believe the phrase to describe the corporate media in this–and MANY cases–is aiding and abetting a criminal.

3 Likes

I’m reminded of Mark Twain’s observation that “A man who doesn’t read newspapers is uninformed, while a man who reads newspapers is misinformed.”

4 Likes

I didn’t see the NY Times mentioned. Anyway, I’ve dropped my local NBC affiliate completely in the dumpster. And, MSNBC serves as my " canned laugh track " from about 4:00-6:00 A.M. M-F PST ( Always good to start the day with a good joke, my Dr. says. She also recommended yoga. ) Glad to see NPR & WAPO weren’t as bad as I thought they’d be. But, but…hmmm.

Is this supposed to be World Press Freedom Day? Well, I’m not celebrating them… Are you?

It’s human nature, and it takes all kinds to populate a world. There will be heroic angels, and there will be self loving psychos like Trump and the rest of his cohort.

After reading this article, I have to agree with Trump…IT IS FAKE NEWS!