Home | About | Donate

Instead of Death and Destruction, Poor People's Moral Budget Shows What It Looks Like to 'Invest in Life'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/17/instead-death-and-destruction-poor-peoples-moral-budget-shows-what-it-looks-invest

2 Likes

A moral budget, no matter that it would lift the entire nation/world is a non-starter , DOA in our amoral congress.

5 Likes

Once in power fascists are rarely defeated by plaques, slogans or good intentions.

3 Likes

The dividing of the tax money pie has been established. To change that we need to protest. We have many groups that protest for one reason or another. Most all of them are important.
But we have the same affect in splitting the vote as we have with dozens of separate protests. A coalition is in order. The protests have to meld into one progressive movement. Divided we fall.

6 Likes

Word salad, tossed with white male privilege, utterly devoid of historical context.

3 Likes

Ask the Capitalists. They seem to have no problem stealing anothers wealth and proclaiming it as a noble deed.

4 Likes

“You guys” and the fucking Libertarians, jesus Christ. Two fucking peas from the same pod. Dream on, motherfucker.

2 Likes

Such intelligence, how’s 'bout you GFY?

3 Likes

fyi - I flagged his misogynist personal attack as inappropriate. Good going flushing out his true character.

6 Likes

Go back to your trailer with you can of piss warm Busch beer, stealing your mama’s disability check so you can sit at your stolen lap top disseminating bullshit.

1 Like

I’ll bite—what’s “SJW?”

The type of society you sketch out has never existed, so your claims as to what benefits it would bestow are mere conjecture at best, and at worst are self-serving Kochroach propaganda.

1 Like

Guilty as charged, and proud of it.

1 Like

Sophomoric right-wing trumpist claptrap devoid of any actual truth or wisdom. You, sir or madam “anarcho-capitalist”, are full o shite in every word written polluting these boards with that empty mindless blather! And abusive to boot! GFYS!

Update - written previously and by the time this aired the “anarcho-capitalist” looks to have been deleted along with all their BS - hopefully for good. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

2 Likes

LOL. That 1% is planning on killing all of you as a sacrifice to their god; why do you think the Zionists called all the Jews they killed, a Holocaust? Because the word means sacrifice by fire. And, there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it now.

I wish CD wouldn’t completely remove flagged comments, when some of us come to the party late, we have no idea what the other posters are talking about when that happens.

2 Likes

You aren’t missing anything really. Focus on the genuine comments.

I agree…

The Poor People’s Campaign is a beacon of light. We have extreme inequality of income and wealth. Since 1980 the lower-earning 90% has lost about 15% of the national income, which now goes to the higher-earning 10%, and mostly to the top 1%. What does this mean practically? The EPI.org has a web page “What Should You Be Earning?”, and it shows that by restoring the previous balance of distribution about 90% of households would receive a $20,000 a year income boost. That would improve life for about 90% of the nation. Shouldn’t that be in the news and on the lips of politicians? See https://www.epi.org/blog/your-pay/ – The average household income is about $120,000, but the middle income household earns $61,327 a year. The middle is half of the average, and we have to ask if that needs improving, and how? With savings, the average is $858,000 per household, but the middle is $90,000 to $100,000, and about 40% cannot come up with $400 in cash in a 30 day period. One professor, Edward Wolff, reports that 40% of America has negative savings, actually owes more than it owns. It is absurd. The Poor People’s Campaign is the putting the spotlight on the most outrageous moral failing that passes without notice. Mainstream media will not touch this issue, mostly because it is owned by billionaires who like the inequality, it makes them richer, they think. My blog: http://benL88.blogspot.com, I’ve an essay on hardship in America, worth reading.