Home | About | Donate

Instead of Ending the Shutdown, Senators Plan to Encourage Punishment of Israel Boycotts

Instead of Ending the Shutdown, Senators Plan to Encourage Punishment of Israel Boycotts

Kate Ruane

In the middle of a government shutdown, the Senate leadership’s first order of business in the 116th Congress is not legislation to reopen the government.

This is what I have called and read to each of my Senators (WA) and my Congressman, regarding H.R.1 and S.1.
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God."
*That is the oath taken by every Congressman and Senator at the start of their term, and at the beginning of each session of Congress. The President of the United States takes an even shorter oath, which is specified in article II, Section 1. of the Constitution
*"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
*Yet, you people who are our sworn representatives are voting on a bill to selectively criminalize people’s use of the Bill of Rights, in this case, parts of the First Amendment of the Constitution. You would make personal opinion of citizens a criminal act, if it does not agree with the opinion of the Executive Branch.
*Criminalizing those who adhere to the Constitution and Bill of Rights will not change our opinions, you will just have to build even more gulags to imprison us. True, your SA and SS can lock up our bodies, but you cannot lock up our minds, nor the truths in which we believe.
;-})

The Senate vote on the reprehensible un-democratic and un-Constitutional anti-BDS legislation is scheduled for today reportedly, and should be rejected, but the likelihood is the Israeli AIPAC lobby of subversion is so strong in this country, it will pass.

I make the point that in South Africa another BDS movement helped defeat white racism and Apartheid there, as the current BDS Movement aims to do in Israel and their official policy of racism. Laws silencing that effort are antithetical to American (claimed) values and Constitutional guarantees to free expression and speech! Silencing American voices and demanding loyalty oaths to that foreign power are a clear example of the threat to America by Israel-firsters!

The fact that this travesty is even considered is testament to the power of pro-Israeli subversion of our republic, government, and elections, and the treasonous first-loyalty to a foreign power demonstrated by our elected officials!

Support BDS!

Since when has the best Congress that money can buy cared about constitutional constraints ?

If they did the ACLU would likely not exist.

The United States Congress is infested with Nazis.

Their agenda is clear. Protect the 1% and the warmongering Duopoly system of government that rewards the haves by making the have nots pay for their lifestyles.

My father fought in WWII in Europe to prevent the Nazis from taking control and spreading the doctrine of Hate that we now are witness to in the Senate with the introduction of this bill that severely punishe’s our most basic human right.

My fellow Americans have become addicted to an ideal of Democracy that hasn’t existed in this country for many decades.

Yet like Zombies looking for their next meal, at election time they slog to the polls and seek brains to eat as they no longer have the use of theirs.

Any legislation that attempts to regulate speech on the basis of its content, as does this bill, will never the see light of day. The first Federal District Court to hear the case will rule such a law unconstitutional. The Court of Appeals will affirm and the Supreme Court will never take the case. They will all view it as a waste of the judiciary’s time to deal with it.

Prophetic.

Why is this so easy for many of us to see, and others, just dismiss it as politics?

This human experiment, here on Mother Earth, may not make it much longer. It seems that quite a lot of our fellow humans don’t want to, or don’t care to, hold those who govern us badly responsible for their actions.

Sorry for rambling on.

Time for some medicine to soothe the soul…

G’nite G.

I see it that way as well. I’ve held a torch for trying to “Wake up America” since about 1980.
From 1970 to 1980 I was getting wrecked a lot and chasing women. Finally snagged a good one, married her and raised a couple of sons.
38 years of wondering how America can continue to sleep through the hail storm of America’s slow degrading, is depressing.
Maybe Mahogany is an upper. Later

Great guitarist, but I’d go find me a lead singer. Could have been the mic setup.

I wonder how long until Congress’s approval goes into the single digits.

But 25 states have made these same laws against BDS. The laws are on the books and are awaiting the ACLU to help us take them off the books. They reached the light of day and was implemented against the will of the voters. Mark Rubio is an ignorant pusilamous turd. He was re elected even though he only showed up at work occassionally to invent some Anti Cuban legislation or takes turn with Wasserman-Shultz in attacking BDS because they both hold duel Israeli-US citizenship & are israeli agents.

The vote on the $38 Billion and anti-BDS legislation has been put-off until Thursday afternoon reportedly.

They already have, but still the treason and servitude to Israeli subversion continues!

" Citing First Amendment violations, a federal judge in Arizona on Thursday blocked enforcement of the state’s 2016 law that aims to thwart the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement for Palestinian rights. "