Home | About | Donate

Institute Index: $15 wage bill in hands of senator opposed to minimum wage

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/20/institute-index-15-wage-bill-hands-senator-opposed-minimum-wage

I think that many will agree that arguments against the minimum wage are fundamentally racist in character. To me, it really seems as simple as that.

“If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”
–Lyndon Baines Johnson, 36th President of the U.S.A.

5 Likes

WTF 2025, $15 should be immediate yesterday. $15 is barely a living wage but at least they can put food on the table if they have roof over them to have table or if two parents work and the kids.

What a wonderful country/world we live in where there extremely, decadently rich sycophants and people not getting by or barely getting by.

1 Like

Date the Senate Committee, chaired by Lamar Alexander, will allow open debate on this bill: NEVER, NEVER, NEVER.
I’m sure this pisses turtle boy off, he wont get to kill the bill, but it will help his reelection in 2020, don’t think for a minute, this wasn’t planned.

I guess we got rid of the king, but not the aristocrats.

1 Like

Hi Gandolf:
Right now, the People need to get rid of the “King Corporations ,” and focus on a Magna Carta for the People… 1215 was a long time ago.

Union! Union! Union! Organize! Organize! Organize!

1 Like