Home | About | Donate

Internal Analysis Revealed Trump Plan Would Cost Workers Billions, So Labor Dept Buried Study

Internal Analysis Revealed Trump Plan Would Cost Workers Billions, So Labor Dept Buried Study

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Infuriating labor rights groups nationwide, the Trump administration reportedly prepared but concealed internal analysis "that showed employees could lose out on billions of dollars" if it moves forward with a proposal that would allow employers to pocket workers' tips.

BDS the USA. Shut the oligarchs down now. But then again it seems like they’ve won. There are no people in the streets of the USA. There are no general strikes. There are no boycotts. Other countries around the world would have millions in the streets over this. But not in the USA.

Fortunately any tipping establishment that desires to remain in business or retain quality employees will keep the status quo.

Does anyone in the Dump administration have any idea how hard waiting tables is? (Never mind – it’s a rhetorical question.) Do any of these clowns know that waitresses and waiters already share with bus staff and dishwashers? (Again, rhetorical)
I can’t wait until the next time one of these clowns tries to eat out. “Welcome to our establishment, sir. In exactly which orifice would you like me to stuff your dinner?”

Curious, have you walked off of a job not having anything else lined up, and not having a safety net to keep you off the streets?

I agree with the Chicken here, and I agree with you. But they’ve got us by the currency and, for some reason we all can’t travel to Bear’s Ears or Standing Rock or NYC for a.wall st. Firebombing tomorrow because we gotta work to pay to live to eat and to sleep. Wow. It seems like that is a defensive democratic tariff imposed upon us to make us manageable numbers. Oh well, at least tomorrow is Friday.

Thanks to MSM, most of the people don’t even know they have been had.

noun, plural gratuities.
a gift of money, over and above payment due for service, as to a waiter or bellhop; tip.
something given without claim or demand.

This hardly seems the domain of employers, they have already determined the price expected for their goods or services.

Nazi Germany revisited. The Oligarchy won’t be happy until we are all serfs, begging them for food and a place to sleep other than the streets.
*Look back over the past few decades. Whether the red sock puppets or the blue, are “in charge,” the money and power goes to the Oligarchy, and We the People get poorer and sicker and hungrier. The “government” does what their masters tell them to. That is how young Senators and Congressmen become multimillionaires, not by serving the people and “protecting the Constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic,” but by obeying their masters.
*Unfortunately, We the People seem to have been propagandized and programmed into letting it go, in hopes that the other sock puppet will save us.
*Fat Chance! It is up to us.
;-})

Amen to that, Bro.

Going after the tip money. This should be a warning to anybody paying attention, not to mention a most loathsome vile act. If they are stooping to steal the poor waitress’s tips then they are scraping the bottom of the barrel. There plainly isn’t all that much left to steal.

America rise up. Rise up and reclaim your friggin dignity. If you allow yourself to be treated like an Animal, then you are indeed nothing but an animal. Educate and arm yourselves. Give a friend a copy of Animal Farm or 1984. Break something at work…stop ordering stuff you don’t need and quit feeding the beast. Truthfully what I advocate should not be written here…get the message? But you won’t will you? Back to the flouride in the water theory…how can the society be so stupid, so fractured…so programmed. They will take until you have nothing left, then demand more. They will not stop…and are in fact enjoying your pain. They are sadists at heart.

They will replace them with robots in the near future.

I have. Numerous times. It sucks.

And still - STILL - the dumb-ass blind MAGA lemmings will continue to support their Dear Leader, even as he attempts to blatantly rape them with this latest plan (and tries to hide it from them).

I’m sorry, but Trump worshippers are so incredibly stupid they deserve every single bad thing that their Fuhrer’s policies will be bringing down on them, even if they do choose to ignore them or blame someone else. Not very Christian of me, I suppose, but I no longer care. If you are a Trump supporter, you are a complete and utter dumbass. Period. Full stop.

It’s taxable income and must be reported to the employer and IRS in writing.

If some tax dodging capitalist scum waiter tries to hide this from the State, the employer if on the hook for it.

Among those who voted for Twitler are many who were smart enough to know how deeply evil the Clintons are.

"Rise up and reclaim your friggin dignity."
Agreed, fight against a Totalitarian State.

"Educate and arm yourselves. "
Agreed. The 2nd amendment to the Constitution was put there expressly for this resistance.

"Give a friend a copy of Animal Farm or 1984. "
Give both.

"…stop ordering stuff you don’t need and quit feeding the beast."
Agreed! Why buy stuff you don’t need? Being forced by law to buy stuff you don’t want is an abomination. See ObamaCare for the perfect example.

"Break something at work…"
What? Oh, you’re 14. Sorry, I thought I was responding to an adult.

The point I’m making here, is this meme that blames the masses in the US for not engaging in a general strike, and as the meme goes “like those other countries”. The vast majority of those examples, the other countries have in place protections for those workers in the form of a safety net. Things like healthcare, housing, food…you know, the basics of life that allow you to live and not end up on the streets.

That is the reason that a general strike will never occur in this country. And if such occurs, with mass demonstrations, then of course the response would be brutal by the Corporate State.

Kudos to you for numerous times of walking off a job with no savings, no way to pay your next months rent, no family to support you, no safety net.

I wish all of us had that courage.

Isn’t it automatically taxed at 10 percent. Now if we could only get this to apply to those tax dodgers Trump, Buffet, and a few others.

Yes, I do not get this. Seems most conversations today center around people’s jobs , family and health- nothing about the government. People are too busy just surviving not to realize they had been fooled.