Home | About | Donate

Iran Hawks Embrace Protest Movement But Show Little Concern For Iranian Lives

Iran Hawks Embrace Protest Movement But Show Little Concern For Iranian Lives

Eli Clifton

Their agenda is to align the U.S. with anything likely to destabilize the Iranian government, regardless the human cost.

"The president’s tweets in support of the protesters were a good start. Washington should also let loose a tsunami of sanctions against the Revolutionary Guards, the linchpin of Iran’s dictatorship. Policy-wise, that would be a good place to start," said Reuel Marc Gerecht (Center for American Progress via Flickr).

Thank God we have the Democrats protesting loudly against another Neocon war in the making…

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

When people like Marcus and other oligarchs demonize any country as " the devil" you can be sure they are the devil in disguise!

The US has been screwing with Iran since the early 50’s when the CIA and MI6 launched a coup to depose their democratically elected leader and installed the despotic Shaw. Since the Iranian revolution of '78-'79 regained control of the state the US has been screwing with them almost nonstop until Obama got the JCPOA agreed to. Now with Obama gone they’re screwing with them again and using the riots as an excuse to intervene. They should stay the f**k away and let them solve the internal problems on their own.

Don’t kid yourself the democrats are in bed deep with the neocons too, they just don’t acknowledge it so clearly as the GOP.

I have only known one Iranian well. She worked as a technician in the electron microscope laboratory at Northwestern University Medical School. In every sense of the word, she was a lady. Always pleasant yet fiercely dedicated, she imbued our little group with a cheerful esprit de corp. She wore gorgeous fabrics, but never a headdress nor her religion, if any, on her sleeve. None of us asked, as much out of respect for privacy as for our common scientific endeavors.

I am convinced that, if we have the sense to leave the Iranians alone, they will in due time shed religiosity, nurture democracy, and become great friends of the U.S.

I was being sarcastic.