Home | About | Donate

Iran’s Not the Aggressor. The U.S. Is.

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/15/irans-not-aggressor-us

2 Likes

The truth is that in 90 percent of the wars the USA ever fought , wars which have been ongoing through 90+ percent of that Countries history , The USA has been the aggressor.

11 Likes

Yes, It is clear that the U.S. is the main terrorist of the world. Apparently the people are fine with that, because they aren’t saying otherwise.
Iran should be scattering some of it’s assets to safe places. Kind of like Saddam parking his air force in Iran during Desert Storm.
If were going to invade yet another country it makes more sense to hit Saudi Arabia or Israel.
But we in America are living in Bizarro World. Things are toppsy turvy here.

5 Likes

The position of the US and Israel regarding Iran’s nuclear program is simply stunning in its inherent racism and hypocrisy.

Considering the brutal and extensive interventions in Iran’s affairs by the US, as well as the war of aggression initiated by Saddam Hussein’s Iraq (at the behest of and financed by the US) that cost Iran over a million lives, it is Iran that is the threat to the stability of the region?

And while Israel is allowed to have hundreds of nuclear warheads without question, Iranians cannot be trusted to have even one because they are so irrational that they would commit national suicide by attacking a heavily nuclear-armed Israel with their first and only warhead?

As a result of this hypocrisy and racism, we are treated to the spectacle of a nation with the largest nuclear stockpile, teaming up with a nation with the largest “concealed” nuclear stockpile, to threaten a nation with NO nuclear weapons at all (much less a stockpile) about the right to enrich uranium.

This entire charade would be laughable if its consequences weren’t so tragic.

11 Likes

Dog damn it, I just realized I have never seen a Persian restaurant during my travels. They must exist. I am sure that they know how to cook. Fuck this war shit, let’s give them an hour or two on the Food Network and figure things out. We only hate them for their flavors…

5 Likes

I’m just waiting for the Russians and the Chinese to slap down the military during their attempt at first strike.

If the Joint Chiefs keep listening to Donnie Darko, Pompous Pompeo, and Screwball Bolton, it’s gonna be Strike 3 and Yer Out before they know it.

2 Likes

We have a large Persian Community here in Vancouver and in the area they are concentrated (North Vancouver) there a Persian restaurant every few blocks. Great food!

I asked a person from Iran what prompted them to move to what we call the North Shore when they did arrive and he suggested it was because with the Mountains so close it reminded them very much of Tehran.A co-worker is from Iran and he recently flew home with his family. He indicated one of the hardest things to do in booking the flight was to ensure none transited through the USA as being from Iran and visiting Iran automatically makes a person suspect of crimes. The Canadian Government also has more hoops to jump through as compared to visiting another Country.

4 Likes

Hi WiseOwl:
Hmmm that is weird that you have never seen a Persian restaurant—BUT we still see Persian rugs every where and they are lovely. Maybe they advertise food as Farsi Food, since people know the language. Or Iranian restaurants,
I love Hummus, and I have heard that’s a favorite Iranian food—I discovered hummus through a neighbor and now put it on everything. YOU know garbanzo beans? Then you will know Hummus. Buy some hummus and enjoy it on lovely warm bread or in a salad, or as a topping on anything!: )

3 Likes

seldom do I disagree with what you write but I’ll have to on this:
“Apparently the people are fine with that, because they aren’t saying otherwise.”
I think most of the people are still asleep to the massive indoctrination we’ve all been subjected to.

1 Like

Perhaps if the Russians and Chinese announced they’ve sold, delivered, installed and activated a strategic deterrent things would settle down.

3 Likes

Such crude and vicious war-mongering stupidity points straight to Zionist Israel, which is grabbing everything in sight while the getting is good under Captain Dump. Simply ask, “Who benefits?” No one but Nuttyahoo and his psychotic holy rollers.

1 Like

I would have to agree, most people are asleep. Although those that are looking at this U.S. pressure pointing on Iran are not in an outrage, yet. We equal a hem, a haw, and a so what from trump’s ego.

1 Like

agree with this post and though it helps, its disappointing that by and large even the American peace movement is largely asleep on this, and in Europe too where their governments have not stood up to US bullying by actively trading with Iran. I don’t know if the US will actually attack Iran but if the US military did it seems the peace movement such as it is, is totally unprepared, almost all the progressive energy is going into defending immigrants.
It would also help if Iran cut out the “death to America” and “death to Israel” rhetoric. There is no real reason Iran and the US or Iran and Israel should have any conflict.

1 Like

Yes, the US is the aggressor and that aggression has always had bi-partisan support - including now.

1 Like

Tulsi Gabbard, during the debate, looked directly into the camera and told the viewers to let their representatives know NO WAR WITH IRAN.
The best candidate by far, and she gets zero coverage in Commondreams (and everywhere else for that matter).
I guess war is good business.

1 Like

An aggressive war against Iran is clear madness for anyone who has America’s interests at heart. Bolton may feel differently as he is an Israeli (particularly if America will do the fighting). Self-serving politicians may toy with the ideas as a positive for them personally – AIPAC is very powerful. . Otherwise, it’s so clearly nuts that to get the American people to support a war, some casus beli would have to be fraudulently fabricated.

1 Like

Wow. That sort of waiting is not going to do my sleep much good.

1 Like

The US rulers keep yanking out more rope. Apparently it’s not quite enough to hang themselves and everyone around yet.

“bipartisan” is a false equivalence, the Democratic administration under Obama made the agreement with Iran and the GOP and Trump are trashing it even though Iran was abiding by it

Let’s extend them a few more inches.

Don’t want to give them so much that their feet hit the ground.