Home | About | Donate

Iran Seeks Interpol Red Notice on Trump for Soleimani Murder

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/06/30/iran-seeks-interpol-red-notice-trump-soleimani-murder

Let’s see, Persia’s history predates the evangelicals’ official timeline for earth’s creation so–wait, wait, wait–Pompeo had problems with the math and…

2 Likes

Here’s what I’m pissed off about: The good professor Juan Cole just wrote a fresh translation of the Rubaiyat of Omar Khayam, and Barnes & Noble inexplicably fails to make it available to their customers. We need to dox B&N management and stage loud, early morning drum-demonstrations in front of their houses until they right this wrong!

1 Like

Hi Aleph_Null:
Hmm and yet the US is screaming about Russia and Afghans killing Americans. oh geez—

Here we go:
THE American F -you moving finger writes
nor all your hypocrisy and wrath can lure it back to cancel half the lies,
nor all your crocodile tears wash out a word of it."

The real writing of Omar Khayam is wonderful but this ruining of literature is a virus acquired from being in America. : (

I really like that piece by KHAYAM, but as I am speaking now in the voice of the war mongers, I had to change a lot of it.
But people should read his writings becasue they are beautiful in spite of my F***ing with them to make a political comment about America. .

Cole closes with:

"Trump unilaterally whacked Soleimani on Iraqi soil without the permission of the Iraqi government, violating the terms under which US troops operate in Iraq as well as committing murder against Soleimani and those with him. Interpol won’t put out a red notice on Trump, because it codes his actions as political rather than criminal

Trump… violated international law: Article 2(4) of the U.N. Charter requires states to “refrain in their international relations from the threat or use of force against the territorial integrity or political independence of any state, or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.”…

So why should Iran’s complaint against Trump be so summarily dismissed by Interpol?

Because, as we all discovered in school when we read George Orwell’s ‘Animal Farm,’ some animals are more equal than others."

Ironic of course, that Interpol would say “Because we don’t play politics” as they play politics…