Home | About | Donate

Iraqis Rise Up Against 16 Years of "Made in the USA" Corruption

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/11/29/iraqis-rise-against-16-years-made-usa-corruption

From the article:

“…catastrophic results of an illegal foreign policy based on sanctions, coups, threats and the use of military force to try to impose the will of deluded U.S. leaders (emphasis mine) on people all over the world.”

These leaders may be many things, but using the adjective “deluded” seems to praise with faint damns–it steps back from clearer and more readily understood words such as stupid, evil and greedy, which are all characteristics of corrupt regimes throughout history.

4 Likes

This story reads a lot like Nazi Germany’s rise, and Italy’s fascist government rise, and a lot of more recent cases around the world. A Dictator is a Dictator, is a Dictator. They all seem to use the same playbook, and they all seem to have contempt for their people and worship for the almighty dollar, whatever coinage it it represents itself as. For these governments, their people’s value is only for what value can be squeezed out of them, and what work, what labor, can be forced out of them, for how little a return.
**Sooner or later, some stupid member of the Greedopoly will get confused or frightened and push the launch button. Shortly afterward, someone else will push his and in a few hours, civilization, and possibly all life on earth may end. I saw this after my first exposure to an H-Bomb at Bikini Atoll in 1956. By the end of the series, it was turning from a possibility to a probability. I’ve spent much of the last sixty-three years trying to wake people up to this and get a ban on the bombs, but apparently there is too much profit in weapons of war and mass extinction to achieve that end.
**I do hope that We the People of the World will awaken now to end this madness. An Earth is a terrible thing to lose.
;-})

3 Likes