Home | About | Donate

Is Bush’s Legacy So Different From Trump’s?

Is Bush’s Legacy So Different From Trump’s?

Domenica Ghanem

As the federal government closed shop for a day of national mourning for the late President George H.W. Bush, an image of came to my mind.

It’s an ad by his supporters claiming presidential candidate Michael Dukakis “allows first degree murderers to have weekend passes,” as an image of an African American man, Willie Horton, flashes across the screen. More photos of Horton are shown, along with the words “stabbing, kidnapping, raping.”

The answer is no.

Stop this white-on-white crime.
Put the white boys in jail!

No, it is not so different. Full applause–that’s one step.

Is Obama’s legacy so different from Trump’s?

No, it is not so different.

Can we proceed to that step? The data is all around us.

So–if (p1) Bush about = Obama about = Trump, and (p2) we do not like this, then---->it really behooves us to do something very different than we have done, doesn’t it?

All of these guys are war criminals through and through.

One thing that always bothered me about George H. W. Bush was that when Kennedy was assassinated, he said he could not remember where he was.
EVERYBODY over the age of ten remembers where they were when Kennedy was assassinated, just like everybody today knows where they were during 9/11.
His work logs showed that he was actually in Dallas when Kennedy was assassinated.
And he doesn’t remember?

Surely the grassy knoll was a memorable enough location for him not to forget?

Warmongering Morons seem to be the selected group popular in Washington DC.

Can we just get our respectable Fig Leaf back please so I can go back to the way things never were.
Thank you NPR, et. al.

There is a photo of GHWBush standing in the door way of the book depository on the fateful day. It does not matter that he does not remember. We all know what a pile of human garbage the man was. Glad to know he is dead. Sad it took so long and was probably painless.

I do feel for his family, but as a politician- hah- another ivory towered War monger.

In 1991 in response to a UN security council resolution , the Government Of Iraq agreed to remove its troops from Kuwait. Under the resolution they were promised safe passage.

As Commander in Chief George H. W Bush reneged on the agreement and decided that he would use the US Air Force to kill as many Iraqis as he could. This in violation UNSR 650 and in violation of the Hague Convention of 1907 and of 1949 to which the US a signatory to. Tens of thousands of troops were slaughtered in an orgy of Violence.

That the pathetic press in the United States needs to try and outdo each other in writing headlines as to “what a great man” George H W Bush is just a repeat of all the Historians and media from before writing on the deaths of one of these Sociopaths that are the 1 percent.

Yesterday morning I saw an editorial cartoon with Bush represented as one of “a thousand points of light” in the heavens.

Fortunately, I hadn’t eaten breakfast yet.

Then there is this:

http://www.jfkmurdersolved.com/bush.htm

Of course it’s not so different; they are Republicans. They battle each other to show us who is more of a sadist, a greedhead, a false patriot (betrayer of the Constitution), a murderer, a liar…the list goes on.
But, of course, we are required to take them seriously nonetheless.

why wasn’t he in prison w/his drug-dealing buddy manuel noriega, when he was the cia director, dealing drugs for weapons and money, to finance the rape of central america?

why was he lauded for invading kuwait? “free kuwait”?!? there’s the dictionary definition of oxymoron, if there every was one - kuwait is one of the most repressive dictatorships on the planet. who cares where our oil money goes? if we didn’t want saddam attacking his neighbors, (but we were fine w/it when it was iran), we shouldn’t have made so much money off of arming him to the teeth.

why was he forgiven for doing a 180 on voodoo economics, which was his description of reaganomics, until he became reagan’s running mate?

why was he so homophobic?

why did he spawn offspring?

i remember where i was, and i was only 7 - i was home sick from school.

Yes, the complete and total and unrelenting fawning over the dead poppa Bush by the Wa Po right now is quite nauseating. In one column in the WSJ, he was even likened to that greedy-banger fighter George Bailey of "It’s a wonderful Life.

Oh - but he had a nice smile and could tell a joke. The lord almighty put him in power so we should honor him due to his “divine right.” And here you are saying bad things about him. What about that thousand points of light thing? Or the “kinder and gentler” thing? You folks on commondreams just won’t drink the kool-aid.

The standards are so low it is unimaginable. Who could ever in their wildest nightmares imagine a man like George W. Bush as leader of a major country? Or Trump or Obama or Clinton or especially that creep Reagan. To us, they are lying, cruel and against humanity. To the elite, they are doing their job. To the brainwashed in the U.S. - they are mythical giants never to be looked at in a honest or forthright way. They can lie to them to their face while smiling and putting a knife in and out of their back - but the sycophants will smile and wave their tattered flag and give a salute to the old gipper.

There are a lot of whys about US history and its sordid history of presidents. face it - a good person is likely not going to make it to that office.

“Part of the problem is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore!”
((President Trump actually said that, President Bush DID NOT! !))

“I’d like to punch him in the face!”
((Trump actually said that, President Bush Did Not!))
“Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees!”
((Trump actually said that, President Bush DID NOT !))
“If you do, hurt him! I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it!”((he actually said that, really !))
((Trump actually said that, BUSH DID NOT !))

“I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will!”
((Yep, TRUMP actually said that too…after 5 bone spur deferments during Vietnam President
BUSH did NOT SAY THAT and HE VOLUNTEERED FOR WAR ))
“The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of!”
(( YES! TRUMP Actually said that. You Guessed it, President BUSH did not))
“I’ll beat the crap out of you !”
((That’s the TRUMP for you))

Part of the problem is Government of the United States of America has told its Citizens and those of the World at large that they are the greatest , kindest , bravest , noblest , freest and most just nation in the history of the world so often over the past decades it only follows that it must take a man of similar character to lead such greatness.

Delusional.