Home | About | Donate

Is Microcephaly in Children Caused by the Zika Virus or by Pesticides?

Is Microcephaly in Children Caused by the Zika Virus or by Pesticides?

César Chelala

At the end of October 2015, the Brazilian state of Pernambuco, located in the northeast of the country, started reporting a dramatic increase in the number of babies born with microcephaly, a condition characterized by a shrunken head and brain. The cases in Pernambuco were soon followed by similar ones in the nearby states of Bahía and Paraíba.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

All potential causes need to be thoroughly explored.

I am sure that Monsanto has already assigned a crack public relations team to "prove" that its pesticides and GMOs should be used to "solve" the problem. This could be a real windfall for their bottom line.

In fact, where are the Monsanto Trolls? We need to hear from you.

I'm relieved to know Monsanto and black water, or whatever their name since the purchase is, are on the case.

The Zika story is a good test case for the Gates Foundation to find cover when the GMOs and pesticides they are spreading through the third world affect the health and safety of the inhabitants.

Just such a piece has been published by the "environmental" mag Grist.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The cases of microcephaly seemed to be connected to an outbreak of the Zika virus, first recognized in Uganda in the 1940s.

So .. obvious question ..
Was there a dramatic uptick in cases of microcephaly in Uganda in the 1940s?

Pesticides are in open slather use in SE Asia and no doubt China. They are sprayed in large amounts on the rice fields, and rice, being a staple diet, gets eaten three time a day by many families. So; where is the evidence from Vietnam and China for microcephaly?

Not saying this is true but if an investigative reporter told me China was covering it up would anyone be surprised?

Maybe they don't have the same combination of factors required to cause the birth defects. Maybe time will tell but I imagine we'll just get another mandated vaccine.

capitalism and democracy are mutually exclusive.