Home | About | Donate

Is Paul Ryan Actually Satan? Questions Swirl Over Whether House Chaplain Was Forced to Resign After Praying for Fairer Taxes

Is Paul Ryan Actually Satan? Questions Swirl Over Whether House Chaplain Was Forced to Resign After Praying for Fairer Taxes

Jon Queally, staff writer

Republican Speaker of the House Paul Ryan is under fire on Friday after it was reported he forced out House Chaplain Patrick Conroy from his post, allegedly over a recent prayer that called for—get this—a fairer tax code.

According to The Hill, which first reported the story, Conroy makes it clear in his resignation announcement, which came last week but was not revealed until Thursday, that it was submitted at the behest of Ryan.

This is one more example of how Ayn Rand philosophies are as antithetical to Christian teachings as anything could be. One cannot legitimately be a disciple of both Rand and
Jesus Christ, for they are mutually incompatible. Paul Ryan is a self-serving phony who
has never represented the majority of his constituents. He will leave a legacy of pain and
unnecessary suffering for millions of Americans.

Nevertheless, it will be a great day when he departs. It will be very comforting when he is no
longer third in succession.

I wish Randy Bryce much success. Paul Ryan…not so much!

So, let me get this straight. The nation is on the verge of not only external war, but civil war as well, and we’re picking nits about firing a guy who leads our sociopathic leadership in prayers to an invisible man in the sky?
Outstanding

So much for separation of church and state.

Recall more than a half century ago when Joan Baez highlighted the US gubmit’s ongoing crusades in WITH GOD ON OUR SIDE ?

“Is Paul Ryan actually Satan?”

Is the Pope Catholic ?

Exactly.
It has always bothered me that so many of our political sessions are opened with a prayer. Not only does it violate separation of church and state, only one of the many religions is represented. When in reality, religion should not be part of the process.

Reminds me of that scene in Macbeth (with some editing):

Doctor:
What is it he does now? Look how he rubs his hands.

Gentlewoman:
It is an accustom’d action with him, to seem thus
washing his hands. I have known him continue in this a quarter of
an hour.

Paul Ryan:
Yet here’s a spot.

Doctor:
Hark, he speaks. I will set down what comes from him, to
satisfy my remembrance the more strongly.

Paul Ryan:
Out, damn’d spot! out, I say!—One; two: why, then
'tis time to do’t.—Hell is murky.—Fie, my lord, fie, a soldier, and
afeard? What need we fear who knows it, when none can call our
pow’r to accompt?

Hell IS murky Paul, but perhaps not as murky as your conscience, which cannot be cleared by firing a priest who reminds you of just how guilty you are and so deserving of Hell.

Fr. Patrick Conroy comes with his own controversy from his previous employer. " House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is reconsidering her support for a Catholic priest as House chaplain after learning that he works for a Jesuit group ordered to pay $166 million for more than 400 claims of child sexual abuse. the largest ever by a single religious order to victims of sexual abuse — by the Rev. Patrick Conroy’s current employer, the Oregon Province of the Society of Jesus.

In fact, Joan, as she did so often and so well, was covering Dylan.

Excellent…Spot On
Sorry for the pun

Yes the whole thing reminds Mr Ryan of that little shriveled pile of excrement in the corner called
‘Paul’s Conscience’

Can’t hide from yourself and Payday is Coming

Can you imagine waiting for the Karma stroke coming one’s way as a result of passing that bill

Sorry all that bribe cash is not going to help
Karma only takes Payment in Kind

But being Catholic, Paul knows that…
Jesuits have a particular way of teaching
Remember the Inquisition

I don’t need religion to tell me Ryan and his policies are cruel and inhumane. Nice development nonetheless.

I don’t know about the big evil himself, but I’ve long believed Ryan is a sociopath.

Good on Ryan there shouldnt be a House Chaplain anyways. Democrats shouldn’t argue, they should make sure nobody fills this guys shoes.

Brother, your really not only stole my thunder but read my mind as well, word for word. I guess it is true that great minds think alike, lol!!! (Nope, I’m not conceited in the least, lol)

I wouldnt mind if individual members got together and prayed before each session, but no prayers should take place in an official manner, start it off just with the Pledge of Allegience. We should not honor anyreligion in an official manner, honoring them all is just as much of an affront to the seperation of church and state as is honoring only one.

Maybe there is. Maybe there isn’t. I don’t know, and neither do you.

The point is that the hypocritical Republicans pay lip service to “Christian” principles to get votes, while doing the opposite things when in power.

What conscience. He know etch not from conscience. This fart is a sociopath!

We might consider how many people even heard this prayer from Chaplain
Conroy for “fairer taxes” …

and how threatened the right wing is by anything free speech which attacks
their myths. It’s a good thing to keep in mind.

From what I can see, Paul Ryan, Trump and the rest of the Elite gang controlling
our nation succeed when the system is rigged for them - and they count on it.

So Ryan has once more shown his colors in another un-Christian-like act?

I’m against having a Chaplain in the House or the Senate.
If the House members want him, let them pay his salary which as I recall was
a considerable figure and if I recall correctly, benefits were also included
But my vote is that this is a violation of Church & State and sends the wrong msg.

Think that there have been some changes to salary for Chaplain and possibly on reporting
of whatever the Chaplain now receives?

Taxpayers Billed $800,000 A Year For Prayers In Congress …

Apr 27, 2016 … American taxpayers are being charged more than $66,000 an hour for prayers said in the US House and Senate. … And even with those fat salaries, the official chaplains let “guest chaplains” deliver many of the prayers—about 40% in the House. … For that he was paid $172,500, or $66,346 an hour.

and …

Wasteful spending: Congress pays clergy $66,000/hour to pray

Apr 26, 2016 … And even with those fat salaries, the official chaplains let “guest chaplains” deliver many of the prayers—about 40% in the House. The House chaplains gave 1,341 invocations over the 16 years from 2000-2015, or about 84 invocations each year. Guest chaplains gave another 857 over that same span.

and …

House Chaplin Take-home Pay Is More Than Tim Walz | MN …

mnpoliticalroundtable.com/2011/01/05/house-chaplin-take-home-pay-more-than-tim-walz/

Jan 5, 2011 … Actually, that would be two chaplains — as the Senate chaplain earns $151,000 a year, and the House chaplain earns 172,500 a year. ... this year has returned to the US Treasury 732 … or 8,784 for the year, making Congressman Walz's take-home pay 165,216 … the same pay rate that was in effect …

Why are we paying chaplains so much money? Esp. Catholic ones who have taken a vow of poverty.

This is an archaic religion that doesn’t even recognize human rights.