Home | About | Donate

Is Trump Sabotaging His Campaign Because He Never Really Wanted the Job in the First Place?

Is Trump Sabotaging His Campaign Because He Never Really Wanted the Job in the First Place?

Michael Moore

Friends,

Donald Trump never actually wanted to be President of the United States. I know this for a fact. I’m not going to say how I know it. I’m not saying that Trump and I shared the same agent or lawyer or stylist or, if we did, that that would have anything to do with anything. And I’m certainly not saying that I ever overheard anything at those agencies or in the hallways of NBC or anywhere else. But there are certain people reading this right now, they know who they are, and they know that every word in the following paragraphs actually happened.

This hypothesis doesn't explain why Trump also ran in 2012. He got into the Republican race with his birther stuff and went to the top of the polls. But he quit soon thereafter. It also doesn't explain why he previously started running as a candidate of Ross Perot's party. No I think Trump actually does want to be president. Perhaps only so people will take him seriously and not see him as some rich clown. But it really is a mystery why he is running no ads, has no real national campaign staff, and spends time speaking in Connecticut where he has no realistic chance of winning. I think he loves the rallies where he shouts all this fascist stuff and the crowd responds. That has to be an emotional high. I guess is how dictators are born.

I won't be surprised if sometime before the November election, both Trump and Clinton are gone.
The MSM would love to have this happen, both parties trying to come up with a new candidate before November would be a great entertainment show and the crazier it gets, the higher the ratings.

Moore nails it. No serious candidate would run a campaign the likes of this one. Trump unwittingly got caught up in his own scam, never expecting to win the nomination, another Max Bialystock, the loveable character in Mel Brooks' movie "The Producers," the story of a theatrical producer and an accountant who want to produce a sure-fire Broadway flop. (Springtime for Hitler: A Gay Romp with Adolf and Eva at Berchtesgaden) They take more money from investors than they can repay (the shares they sell total more than 100% of any profits) and plan to abscond to Brazil as soon as the play closes, only to see the plan go awry when the show turns out to be a hit. Trump is, no doubt, looking for an exit strategy, unless he finds one, I think he will continue to act as the candidate who wants to lose, and lose he will, big time, handing the presidency to Hillary.

Excellent!

We can only hope.

You may just be right on this one. Actually, I thought he would bow out by now but he is an ego maniac so who knows. Didn't someone recently report Bill Clinton called him to tell him to run? The only one Hillary can beat of course.
I think Trump was shocked by the large support he received as he said "I could shoot someone on the street and not lose votes" (Paraphrased)
Maybe he thought the RNC would run him out and he could scream about how they cheated him and be the poor underdog, but still not a LOSER.
One thing I'm sure of is that he would not like being President and you know he knows it.
This whole election is a farce with crazy Trump and cheating Hillary, all right before the TPP is passed giving away our sovereignty. This could be nearing the end of bothering with elections. I mean what good are they?

The crazy thing is, I honestly believe Trump would do less damage to the world than Hillary will. The way a chimp with a machine gun is less dangerous than a Navy Seal with a machine gun.

I was going to vote for Jill Stein, but now I have half a mind to vote Trump, since I doubt I'll ever get close enough to Mike to flip him the bird, on account of him shamelessly pimping for Hillary.

There's a worse theory, and I have no more evidence to back it up than Michael Moore does his

It could be that The Donald is the equivalent of the designated loser in a fixed fight. He could be purposely "taking a dive" but doing it in such a way as to appear to be still in it.

Who knows why he would do that if indeed he is. His whole campaign started off with the premise that he was so rich he could fund his own campaign without taking any money from anyone. That promise seems to have been "declared inoperative." Someone check the books of the Clinton Foundation and see if any grants were made to anything that benefits him -- though what the Foundation does with its money is a big unreported news item although we hear a lot about what it does to get money.

I like a good conspiracy theory -- I enjoy them even if I don't believe them, and that this whole election could be kabuki theater designed to give HRC the appearance of having won fair and square against great odds and defeated an opponent who looks to be formidable.

If her banker, hedge fund founders, and military industrial complex backers were to ease her into Oval Office against a nobody she could lack legitimacy in the public's eye. But if she has to seem to struggle to beat a colorful newsworthy opponent, i.e., Trump, she will able to claim a "mandate" and that "the people have spoken loud and clear." She will then be free to juke the stats of the banks and start lots of as many wars as she likes unhindered by any remnant of opposition.

From the dance number:

Don't be stupid
Be a smartie
Come and join
The Nazi Party

Fabulous, on with the show.

Po

Trump is in such a rapid downward spiral that more Murkins each day are coming to the conclusion that he was planted to assure Clinton wins. Many of Trump's supporters are very competent with firearms and may decide to retaliate if he loses and they feel duped. Trump is fortunate that he can afford a security detail as large as the Secret Service detail we taxpayers furnish the POTUS. He will need it if he loses.

That's hysterical! :laughing:

Trump may not want to be president but he would surely like to be king (along the lines of Henry VIII) or emperor (Napoleon)! That way everyone else would do the work while he basks in the lap of luxury.

Jesus H. Christ Michael, what are you talking about? You think Trump should back down to give the GOP a chance to "pick up the pieces" by letting Ryan or Romney a chance to lead their ticket in Nov.? Screw the GOP. Let those soulless creatures go down in flames. Jesus Michael, you becoming some sort of nimrod?

It certainly would expose the LO2EG--the Lesser of 2 Evils Gambit. Clinton would no longer have the cover of an even worse monster and such rightist appointments as Salazar

would be out there, hanging in the daylight. Maybe we could even force her to move a little to the left for the duration of the campaign, although obviously it would have no effect on her reign, which will be right wing no matter what. Think anyone in the center-right public or the (right wing) media would notice?

Napoleon was an incredibly hard worker, rewriting the law code of France, supervising public works, and marshaling the army against pretty much the whole rest of Europe that wanted to destroy first the anti-monarchal revolution and then the upstart emperor. He slept only 4 or 5 hours a night and spent half of every year in a tent while on campaign against said enemies. Just sayin...

YES

The real question -is Trump a stooge for Hillary???This whole election is a joke along with the media--we are witnessing the meltdown of any real media or governing in this country.

Trump today called out democrats for not helping inner city African Americans----And African American commentators called this racist. Wouldn't it be nice to hear a real discussion about these economically depressed areas---I don't hear it from these "black leaders",Obama or Clinton????????

It seems obvious to me that Trump is playing a role of spoiler in order to make the election of Clinton seem legitimate. Her negatives are so high that she needs a foil to make her look good by comparison. I imagine it was agreed upon among the monied interests in 2008 that Obama would go before her and it would be her turn in 2016 to become the CEO of the empire. She's perfectly qualified for the role, except the public is wary of her.

Some have said handing the election to Hillary was his intension all along.