Home | About | Donate

Is Trump Taking Us to War Everywhere?

Is Trump Taking Us to War Everywhere?

Olivia Alperstein

No one ever expected Donald Trump to be a peace-loving president. On the campaign trail, he endorsed torture, said he’d bomb the families of alleged terrorists, and spoke gleefully about the president’s power to launch nuclear weapons.

But threatening war with multiple countries over a few weeks goes beyond even that. Tough-guy, hit-them-before-they-hit-us foreign policy is back with a vengeance.

He faces the challenge of finding a country Obama hasn'the already warred against.

I also notice that it's only white people who are worried WWIII might be in our future. Dark-skinned people in Muslim countries lost count a long time ago, when Trump was still a very distant nightmare.

TRUMP MUST BE STOPPED FROM TRYING TO PROVOKE NORTH KOREA INTO A WAR.

(Even if he is doing it to distract the news media from talking about the FBI TRUMP-RUSSIA INVESTIGATIONS, It is still dangerous talk!
And scaring American citizens by causing nuclear holocaust fears is not a nice thing for our president to be doing to the people of the United States.)

But regardless,

When approval ratings go this low for an unpopular President, typical-Plan-B recommends to start a war and rally the country 'round the flag. All current attention will shift from Russia-gate, Flynn-gate, emoluments-clause-impeachment-plans, and executive incompetence-to the Asian theater of operations.

Trump made the threat that he just might use NUKES AGAINST NORTH KOREA.

DR. John D. Gartner, psychological expert diagnosed Trump with classic signs of “malignant narcissism.”

"Narcissism impairs his ability to see reality,"

The time has come to say it: there is something psychologically wrong with the President.

Top psychotherapist affiliated with the esteemed Johns Hopkins University Medical School said Trump "is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president.”

Trump also just said that "THE UNITED STATES HAS TO START WINNING WARS AGAIN.

CHINA IS WARNING THE UNITED STATES TO STOP PROVOKING NORTH KOREA INTO A WAR THAT COULD ESCALATE TO BEYOND THE POINT OF NO RETURN.

PEOPLE ARE BEGINNING TO GET VERY WORRIED THAT TRUMP WILL DO SOMETHING THAT WILL TRIGGER A WORLD WIDE NUCLEAR WAR.

It isn't so much his war everywhere ( I hope ) but it sure looks like Trump wants to get people used to his taking us to war at anytime!

The only thing Donald understands is money.
There are huge profits to be made in wars.

It isn't just Trump, it's the long list of MIC contractors and Wall St. who love war profits. A close look at this issue shows the USA as not having much of an economy without war.

And we are already in WWIII ... just been stepped up a few notches ... and have been at war for some time. Unfortunately, the economies of the USA, Canada and most of the so-called western democracies ... including Canada's Pension Plan ... are so tied up with war and the financial institutions that lend governments money ... we need a rational critically informed strategy to disengage.

No shit. He shows all, and I mean ALL the symptoms listed for Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Make no mistake, this man is dangerous because of his inability to see reality. Trump will always see reality through a lens clouded by his mental illness and he will make decisions based on his false interpretation of reality.

It isn't about war. It is about using war and the perceived success of it to bolster his reflected ego. As long as Americans give Trump's poll numbers a boost when he engages he will continue to do so in order to prove to himself he is not the douche bag he knows in his heart he is.

I don't think so. This is all to feed his Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

I am beginning to wonder. Trump seems to be almost bumbling and unthinking but the man is a practiced con artist on an epic (billionaire) scale already. The art of the con is a mixture of distraction and camouflage. Trump's actions may be camouflage as he and his team 'arrange' things to their liking (including new appointments and connections) while we are distracted by his appalling governing and policies.

In other words, is Trump preparing for a war yet to be announced? Preparing for a future conflict at a time of his choosing? Bombing a Syrian base that you warn ahead of time so as to allow planes and personnel to first be evacuated is not War... it is war - a test case for such actions in the future that would be far more serious.

Dropping a hellacious mega bomb ( costing mega bucks each ) on a ...? Um? What was bombed exactly? Some troops in remote caves for what critical military reason? Was this a secret headquarters or a hideout for their leadership or just some soldiers living in a bunch of caves? Another test case action announcing to the world a precedent for use of this weapon in the future!

My question is why? I am wondering if Trump is getting us and the world accustomed to his acting without warning using a big stick approach. To my mind Trump is most risky in Asia and the Middle East. He seems to be preparing us and the world for his having a Royal Perogative to wage war at a moments notice and without warning.

Maddow did a brutal review about this very topic last night, titled "Stupid or Nefarious?" I contend both apply. He is as uninformed and unprepared as I feared he would be. Mix in an enormous ego, the attention span of a gnat on meth, and not even a rudimentary command of world history, and we are doomed. He is the personification of the Dunning-Kruger effect, with his itchy finger on the button. Time to get Clownstick out of office

I believe the military stepped in when Trump ordered the carrier strike force to N Korea. He likely ordered the military to prep all weapons for potential use, including tactical nukes.

The military adults in the room politely nodded, and then kept the carrier group down under near Australia hoping to buy time to talk Trump down and out of his malignant narcissistic desire for a full-on conflagration.

Very interesting view on the "armada" headed to North Korea----this sounds like what really happened. This is mind blowing that the President of the United States says he is sending an "armada" to North Korea -----when it is a carrier and I think a few ships-----and they are going in the wrong direction?????North Korea must be falling out of their chairs laughing.

Tonight on NBC news the top story was that Bill O'Reilly was no longer at Fox "news" or fired. WHY would this be the top story-----why is it even a story on national news?????And they spent 25% of the program on this subject?????

A few stories in was the topic of Tillerson saying that Iran was not living up to the Iran nuclear deal and that the agreement was a bad deal?????????This got about 2min air time.

And do notice the corporate media love the pro war Trump.

I think Trump and Co. knew full well that the strike force was heading towards Australia. It is simply Trump's style to use misdirection ( no pun intended ) in a con game. He just said it was heading towards Asia not that it really was.

I mean he could have given orders changing its direction when it suited his strategy too.

One thing is for certain, the US Navy knew exactly where the carrier was at all times and where it was headed. The WH would be kept informed constantly. Trump seems to be playing games somewhat!