Home | About | Donate

Is US Trade Rep a Wall Street Crony? Groups Demand Transparency

Is US Trade Rep a Wall Street Crony? Groups Demand Transparency.

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Noting deep ties between the country's top trade negotiator and Wall Street banks, ten groups representing millions of Americans are calling on the White House to make public all communications between U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman and the massive financial institutions that stand to benefit from proposed trade deals.

You don't say. Who knew?

international petition and email campaign to trade reps/ministers
https://stopthesecrecy.net/?src=157843&c=us

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you. All along I thought we had a government of the people, by the people and for the people.

Can any of you readers provide me the names of Obama appointees during the past six and one half years who do not fall into the FOX GUARDING THE HEN HOUSE category?

Or live there.
;-})

Off hand, I can't think of one. So, the "Hope and Change" meme was just bullshit. Barry the Liar is going to make a pile of money when he gets out and starts doing the corporate schmoozing circuit like Slick Willie Clinton. It will be payback for services rendered. As the great Gore Vidal said - anyone who gets the nomination from either of our duopoly parties has already sold their soul ten times over.

"Is US Trade Rep a Wall Street Crony?"

Warren - "If Fast Track passes, a Republican president could easily use a future trade deal to override our domestic financial rules."

CD articles are getting to be a laugh a minute - Jon Stewart, eat your heart out!

I dunno, but i think that's like asking Lockeed to give up jets, or Ronald to give up hamburgers ...

"Groups Demand Transparency"

Sorry, no can do - those are "trade secrets" (smile)

I could be reaching here but the push for TPP couldn't have anything to do with the Saudis moving closer to using the Chinese yuan as their petrol-dollar, could it? If we see that occurring we will have massive inflation and skyrocketing prices, like we have never seen before. Obama is going to need some countries to "do business with" should this happen as we will see poverty and closing of businesses hit an all-time high. He will need somewhere to pedal his oil and gas. We won't then being exporting much of anything and certainly won't have the luxury of buying cheap, worthless, Chinese goods at Walmart. The dollar will tank and there will be trillions of worthless treasury bills. Just a thought.

If it turns out there was a conspiracy between the various groups that are only pretending to come together now, they should be prosecuted in an international court.

Desperation definitely exists to change the subject to anything else, China, riots, the Middle east. Whatever it is, they will try it.

Thats exactly what happened with the WTO - According to Clinton Administration officials, WTO-GATS demanded the repeal and replacement of Glass-Steagal.

And that led in no small part to the huge disaster in 2008

I think you missed my point - which, on reflection, perhaps is only obvious to those who are at least a bit familiar with my schtick ....

The first quote - seems an absurd question, sorta like the old does a bear relieve himself in the woods ..

The second quote was, IMO, equally absurd - as if it were the Reps who were the sole perpetrators of financial deregulation - rather disingenuous of Warren, it seems to me ....

I thought both quotes were so laughable - they deserved a spot on Comedy Central ...

I had to read yoru reply twice before i realized you misunderstood ....

LOL The Saudi Regime is nothing without US Military support and supply.

From my way of seeing things, Warren knew and Obama knew they were talking about Clinton and 1999, saying future Republican president was just Warren's way of trying to make it crystal clear that it was a non-partisan attack, but Warren, being probably our smartest financial regulator was talking about 1999 and GATS and Glass Steagall, and not wanting Obama to think nobody realized what he was trying to make possible again. You do know what I am talking about, in 1999, the Clinton Administration announced that Glass Steagal Act conflicted with GATS, and proceeded to ask for -and get- its repeal.

That turned out to be a big mistake. It is that fact, that the WTO can tell us what to do, that Warren was trying to get Obama to be honest about there. But, Obama doesnt have a gift for honesty like Warren does. ive never heard him say a single statement that didn't have some misleading aspect to it, or had its timing make it an act of questionable honesty. Thats his way..

There is nothing about the way President Transparency has handled this hopefully to be aborted effort to screw American workers once again that I can find to support. If the president was truly convinced that it would be a good thing for Americans in the future he would be better off fixing the pathetic efforts of the past first.

Elizabeth Warren, course she wasn't accepted by the Party of No and now she is a gadfly laying eggs under the presidents skin. He prolly doesn't like her so much anymore.

Timothy Geithner, Henry Paulson, no?