Home | About | Donate

Is Yemen Our Future?

Is Yemen Our Future?

Robert C. Koehler

“They must kill and continue to kill, strange as it may seem, in order not to know that they are killing.” — Rene Girard, Things Hidden since the Foundation of the World

“Socially sanctioned killing is called war. The word “war” may be the most powerful word in human history, because it creates a mask of respectability for — that is, it conceals — the dehumanization and mass slaughter of a designated enemy, along with limitless environmental contamination. When we’re “waging war,” we have given ourselves permission not to know what we are doing, even if what we’re doing is putting life on Planet Earth in danger of extinction.”

Fucking brilliant and direct analysis! Thank you!

Humans are a primitive species ,one day we will grow up ,end all war put down our weapons for good !
The main difference between our culture and a higher evolved culture (beings) is the understanding that they are all One…and are utterly and completely ,absolutely and entirely without violence of any kind.

Time to Awaken The Species it’s a book that helps us get there.

excellent piece! the quote above, i think is a very important step in taking the government back from the usurpers… i so tire of discussions in which we wring our hands over the corporate powers and their political hacks on the right and the political hacks on the not so “lesser evil” right! sure, it may provide some semblance of satisfaction to vent anger at those who control almost every aspect of domestic, foreign and economic policy, but this only serves to acknowledge their unchallenged power over our lives… how about we begin each day affirming, “I declare, by the power vested in me!”’

"All power is originally vested in, and consequently derived from, the people. That government is instituted and ought to be exercised for the benefit of the people; which consists in the enjoyment of life and liberty and the right of acquiring property, and generally of pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety. That the people have an indubitable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to reform or change their government whenever it be found adverse or inadequate to the purpose of its institution." James Madison

let’s act like we believe it! the humanitarian crisis in yemen co-sponsored by the american empire is beyond heartbreaking… and you know what!? most u.s. citizens hardly know about it… a couple of nights ago, the day #45 announced his plans to pull troops from syria, i heard the courtier to big money anchor at nbc explain that our syrian war has largely been a secret war… secret!!! not for those of us who pay attention! how much of the sad state of affairs in yemen do most now caught up in the holiday traffic jam even know? we should all hang our heads in shame… no! we should stand tall, throw our shoulders back and avow

I declare, by the power vested in me as an ordinary person, that this matters

Good luck with that. Wait until climate change really hits and tens of millions flee for better and safer areas. We will have to invent a new term for the devastating lost of life. Something like annihilation. It will be the end of human civilization for centuries. If we ever recover.