Home | About | Donate

Israel’s Mass Shootings

Israel’s Mass Shootings

Pierre Tristam

You can always depend on Israel periodically to mass-murder bunches of Arabs in proportions as lopsided and unforgiving as our own mass shootings in the United States, often more so. And as with mass shootings, which we now automatically blame on everything in the known and unknown universe but America’s rabid debasement for guns, you can always depend on the American public to scapegoat Israel’s war crimes, blame them on anything and everyone (terrorists, animals, Hamas ragheads, stone throwers and other synonyms for “Arab”) but Israel’s bigoted death machine.

How many years did it take America to become involved in Hitler’s slaughter of Jews?

America’s hesitancy to intervene is historic.

The Duopoly facilitated the 1947 installation of the Jewish people in Palestine and have supported that decision since.

The Duopoly will never admit their failure to insure protections to the Palestinian state.

I think the Balfouf Declaration in 1917 by Britain that legally established a national homeland for Jews in Palestine set in motion numerous conflicts that could almost been predicted from the start. In fact, at least one member of the British Parliament predicted that the declaration would lead to endless fighting. So in a sense everyone who has suffered from this situation is justified in blaming the British. The US like all other parties has been caught up in this conflict that appears to have no resolution. Many people on both sides are claiming the same land as being rightfully theirs. The UN sort of compounded the problems when it established Israel and Transjordan. As everyone who is familial with the history of this region know, Israel was immediately attacked by the surrounding Arab nations. Here 70 years later two Arab nations now have peace agreements with Israel and most Palestinians live either in Gaza, which was given up by Egypt, or the West Bank which was given up by Jordan. Meanwhile Israel has changed over this period from a predominantly left wing country to a predominantly right wing country. The country is basically a fortress. There is a fence between Israel and Gaza and a wall between Israel and the West Bank. Israel along with Egypt control everything that goes in and out of Gaza. In the West Bank there is an occupation and the continuous building of settlements for Israelis. The Palestinians used to have only Fatah as a governing authority but now have Fatah in the West Bank and Hamas in Gaza. There are no on going peace negotiations and on both sides the positions seem to be becoming more uncompromising.

Wrong on so many statements and levels! Balfour did not “legally establish” anything!

“His Majesty’s government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country”

That caveat is now obviously BS…as are many pronouncements…

If Russia and China were belligerents like the U.S., Palestine would have open shipping, and Israeli expansion would trigger bombing raids that would discourage any further theft of land.

If I had the power to do it, I would give fair warning, then level everything they took since 1969. G

Considering the Britain had a Palestine mandate the declaration would seem to have legal weight. I would agree the caveat was basically meaningless. But I think this declaration did set things motion that led to the current situation. Had Britain not declared a national home for the Jewish people events would have unfolded differently than they did.

The premise that somehow 60 “unarmed peaceful Palestinians” were victims of a mass shooting on Israel’s part is a flat out lie. Just a fabrication and nothing else. Thousands of Palestinians were paid and forced to march to the Israeli border and try and breach the barrier using rocks, molotov cocktails, and live ammunition. They were repeatedly warned by the Israelis not to attack but they did at the instructions of Hamas. This author is requesting that people disregard what they actually saw. Further, Hamas announced that 50 of the dead were hamas operatives. Think what you want about the Israeli reaction to being attacked by Hamas, but to say that somehow these people are victims of a “bigoted mass shooting” is just factually incorrect on its face.

From my understanding the people who started this as a result of Facebook post intended it to be entirely peaceful but later Hamas got involved and that is where the militancy element entered into the protests. However, it would seem to be that under international law lethal force would only be acceptable if there was a physical threat and there was a need to act in self-defense. If ti difficult to see how the Israeli solders were ever in danger of physical harm. They did use tear gas but still bullets were used and many people were killed. There does not seem to be an convincing reason why only non-lethal methods should have been employed in this situation. Israel had tanks standing by and it used drones. The use of lethal methods in this instance does not seem acceptable.

Pb, may I tweak your post? “America’s hesitancy to intervene is historic.” Let’s add “in humanitarian aid and support for beleaguered peoples” after your word “intervene.”

May I see proof of your assertion in your third sentence?

Britain did NOT have a Palestinian Mandate. This was only garnered AFTER the War. Palestine was occupied by the Ottoman Empire when the Balfour Declaration made. The declaration had absolutely 0 legal merit. It no different then China declaring Texas the Homeland of the Kipchaks.

The Balfour declaration was issued in 1917. The Biritish did not get a Mandate for Palestine until 1923.

First of all… every Palestinian is Hamas! Similar to the French chant “Je suis Charlie Hebdo” where all French citizens felt victimized by the hatred and bigotry expressed through violence. All 2 million Palestinian in Gaza are prisoners. This is a fact. They have committed no crimes except in the eyes of the U.S. and Israel when they freely elected a party that did not represent Israeli preferences. Those Palestinians have a right to be free, a right to be treated with respect and humanity and a right to do whatever is necessary to get rid of the ruthless shackles imposed upon them.

The Gaza situation is a little more complicated than that. It is just not the US and Israel that is involved because Egypt is also blockading Gaza. Also, while it is true that the people in Gaza elected Hamas it is also true that Hamas physically drove out the competing party of Fatah. Therefore Hamas is the only party that can be supported in Gaza since the other party was forced out through violent means. There is a humanitarian crisis in Gaza and the US should do more to deal with it.

Thank you for the correction.

I found a statement that seems to clarify the importance of the Balfour Declaration.

"But, the Balfour Declaration laid the legal and political foundation for the state’s acceptance by the world community. The League of Nations, when it approved the Mandate for Palestine in 1922, re-ratified the Balfour Declaration:

"The Principal Allied Powers have also agreed that the Mandatory should be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 2nd, 1917, by the Government of His Britannic Majesty, and adopted by the said Powers, in favor of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people." 

The Mandate also mentioned “the historical connections of the Jewish people with Palestine.” It was ratified by 50 nations."

Meaningless and still illegal. The Britsih even failed to live up to their responsibilities of the mandate.Those Jewish peoples that migrated to Plaestibne were Europeans. It was just more Colonialism and it was just as “legal” as the Chruch in Rome declaring Brazil belonged to Portugal.

I read this exact same state at another article. Are you finding all the articles that tell what is going on in Israel and coping it and pasting it.

Guns and rocks cannot be compared as means of killing.

"I believe that there will be ultimately be a clash between the oppressed and those who do the oppressing. I believe that there will be a clash between those who want freedom, justice and equality for everyone and those who want to continue the system of exploitation. I believe that there will be that kind of clash, but I don’t think it will be based on the color of the skin…”
― Malcolm X

BS propaganda from the Israeli shill! Your entire comment is a damn lie and you know it! How;s the weather there in the Occupied Territories?

Israel is a racist right-wing entity that’s an obscenity on earth…just like its apologists and propagandist liars!

This is one of the best articles so far written about this shameful situation. The Andersonville analogy is particularly apt, as is the BLM comparison.

Your screed contains not an ounce of truth!