Home | About | Donate

Israel Step Closer to Making Jerusalem Jewish-Only City

Israel Step Closer to Making Jerusalem Jewish-Only City

Ramzy Baroud

The US and Israel are now actively invested in a system of political Apartheid in Palestine, and are twisting the arm of the PA to facilitate such a dreadful regime.

"While many in the international community were focused on what the American move would mean for the future of the region and the so-called peace process, few paid heed to the fact that the US and Israel had something far more consequential in mind." (Photo: U.S. Embassy Tel Aviv/flickr/cc)

Jewish people always seem to be the “bad” guys . They have been through so much including the Holocaust. Projecting the Palestians as poor victims only serves to make all Jewish people seem racist which is ridiculous. Also, unless someone lives there, do we really now what is going on?

We need to consistently distinguish between the Ziopigs and the well-meaning Jews behind which they cower.

How about if we stop labeling anybody as a “Jew”? Or a ziopig whatever. Seems Jews are always in the crosshairs. In the US- people walk around saying “We are a Christian nation.”

I use “Ziopig” to denote a person with a particular intent, dedicated to untoward means for achieving such. Nobody is born into that club. My prejudice is against what I believe to be an unholy cause. My bias is not racial nor ethnic in nature; it is based on my moral compass.

Mealouts,

First of all, Judaism and Zionism are NOT the same and should not be conflated: those who do so are equally culpable for the anti-Semitism that follows as the bigots who buy into such erroneously conflation.

Second, parroting this narrative of an innocently created Israel does not comport with history.

While I am sympathetic to the plight of European Jews who were fleeing horrible persecution, that does not change the fact that the Zionist project was primarily the brain-child of Europeans who wanted to create a exclusivist Jewish State on land that was already inhabited without deigning to consult, much less securing the consent of the indigenous population.

IMHO, this is the “original sin” of Zionism. Past persecution does not create a blank check to forcibly “partition” other people’s land. Everything that has followed was a directly foreseeable consequence of such act.

As stated by Ben Ehrenreich:

“The problem is fundamental: Founding a modern state on a single ethnic or religious identity in a territory that is ethnically and religiously diverse leads inexorably either to politics of exclusion (think of the 139-square-mile prison camp that Gaza has become) or to wholesale ethnic cleansing. Put simply, the problem is Zionism.”

For the full article, see:

Do ALWAYS be very clear about Zionist history and where it’s politics differs from pre-Isreali Judaism and raises considerable problems.

Again, why focus so much on Jewish people? Unless you live there, is there a problem?

Did you purposely not read the responses to your comments or are you simply obtuse?

I guess that the Palestinians don’t really count as “someone who lives there”, eh?

Arabs in Israel have more rights and freedoms than they would in any other country in the Middle East (and I don’t even want to talk about Jewish rights there, but, just for some perspective, millions of Jews were forced to flee Arab nations for no reason whatsoever and over 70% of the region is not just anti-Zionist, but anti-Jewish). As much as throwing the term “apartheid” at Israel seems like a good way to criticize, it is simply not based on fact.

The Palestinians have been given opportunity after opportunity for a state coexisting with Israel. For an example, in 2008, they were offered over 90% of the West Bank, a significant part of the pre-1967 Israel, and free passage between the West Bank and Gaza. They not only refused the offer, they refused to even look at the map to consider the offer. But that was better than the previous negotiations in 2000, where, instead of responding to the generous Israeli offer with compromise, Palestine did very little in terms of concessions, walked out of the negotiations, and launched a violent wave of terrorism (the Second Intifada).

“Since [the Jerusalem decision], many Palestinians were killed, hundreds wounded and more detained as Palestinians and their allies around the world displayed outrage by the US decision.”

This quote, from the article, attempts to take all responsibility off the Palestinians, as many seem to want to do to justify baseless anti-Israel sentiment as Israel attempts to act ethically. Israel did not prevent Palestinians from being angry at the US decision, as Israel - unlike any Arab country - values freedom of thought and speech. The Palestinians who died in the aftermath of the decision lost their lives as they threatened or attacked Israeli security forces and staged violent, destructive riots. No nation anywhere could have responded differently to this situation, much less one whose security is threatened on a day-to-day basis.

The Palestinian government has repeatedly launched violent waves of terrorism that threaten Israeli security, making it necessary for Israel to build a wall along the border. I don’t know of any country that would allow behaviour like pelting rocks at security forces and assaulting them. History has shown that peaceful rights movements are the only ones that work, and until Palestinians follow that example - and there are major changes in their leadership so that there’s a willingness to create peace - Israel will be forced to try as hard as they can to ensure that Palestinians remain separated from the Israelis that tragically die frequently due to Palestinian government-supported terrorism.

Thank you for the "compliments’ especially when I have eye conditions and am also under the weather. Best to you.

Don’t the Israelis? Seems like wherever Jewish people are, they are outsiders. If one lives outside of let’s say NYC or LA , then many people consider Jewish people right here in the US to be outsiders. I once heard a school teacher say: " And now they want to take off on our holidays." ( meaning school vacations).

Do YOU live there? Other than that, what is the issue to you?

Sounds like YOU are the one who is obtuse, and is above it all elitist.

What is the intent? Also, again unless you are living there or have family there, what is the interest? We have enough in the US in our own backyard!

“We’ll make a pastrami sandwich of them. We’ll insert a strip of Jewish settlement, in between the Palestinians, and then another strip of Jewish settlement, right across the West Bank, so that in 25 years time, neither the United Nations, nor the United States, nobody, will be able to tear it apart.”

–Ariel Sharon, 1973

Thank you for your post. Has anyone heard of progroms in Europe? Or how about Jewish people being forced to live in the poorest areas of Europe with no resources which often brought them to the US( no, not by choice). How about the Holocaust or even being forced or killed out of Spain because royalty did not like Jews( a simple version).Plus right here in the US ( especially in small towns and cities Jewish people are discriminated against because they are not “Christian” If someone does not live in cities like NYC, Chicago, LA or possibly Miami then that becomes more common place. The Jewish High Holy Days are not even honored at a lot of places at work - people have to ask permission for personal days. Some people to this day cannot get hired at the best jobs unless they live in certain places or right outside of them right here in the USA> And people have the gall to call Israelis “racist.” Many so called "liberal " movements will automatically side with the “poor " Palestinians” rather than even listen to a Jewish person. I think personally people are people , but when a mob psych takes place and condemns another group of people then all is lost. Also, unless someone lives there and is affected personally, then why is there all this noise? Unless this is yet another excuse for anti semitism . One person called a group of Jews ziopigs. Really nice. Then again- after all these years- should I be surprised? Even non religious Jewish people tend to feel better when they live in or near a community where there is a temple . Palestinian people do not have to live there- if they want they can align themselves with another Arab country if they feel that strongly. However, Jewish people have been treated like outsiders in just about every continent throughout history.

I’m not a doctor but if you’re under the weather, maybe you should rest up until you can read.

You’re not a doctor- but you sure have taken nasty pills. Must have had an awful New Year, eh?