Home | About | Donate

Israel vs. the United Nations: The Nikki Haley Doctrine

Israel vs. the United Nations: The Nikki Haley Doctrine

Ramzy Baroud

The United States Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, seems to be championing a single cause: Israel.

When Haley speaks about Israel, her language is not merely emotive nor tailored to fit the need of a specific occasion. Rather, her words are resolute, consistent and are matched by a clear plan of action.

Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Does the US love theocracies, or what?

The complete absence of any comments to this article brings up another thing I've noticed about the new-new alt-left so well represented among the Commondreams commentorship - a complete and near-total abandonment and descent into apathy of the US-Left regarding the Palestinian cause!

How did this come about?

It's come to this: death by a thousand cuts or one slash that decapitates. Why are we continually facing these kind of choices? These days, occupation is apparently only something 'good guys' do. I'm beyond tired of this inversion where the bullies are portrayed as victims and the victims as bullies.

The dozens of U.N. resolutions are because of the more than 30 Muslim countries that always vote against Israel. And the U.N. almost never brings up any resolutions against those countries for their own human rights violations. For example, Morocco invaded and occupied the Western Sahara, driving out about 150,000 of the indigenous population (currently in camps in Algeria).

And, as usual, the whole purpose of these resolutions is because the aim of the Arab world is to eradicate the Jews (whom I applaud for not cooperating).

Not a single sentence in your comment is factual.

The numerous UN resolutions condemning Israeli occupation of Palestine are voted for with the near unanimity of the entire world - the exceptions being Israel, the US, and sometimes a tiny pacific island (forgot its name).

And yes, the UN has issued plenty of resolutions regarding the Morocco attempted annexation of Western Sahara too.

And 150k refugees would be the population of a portion of a single Palestinian refugee camp in Lebanon or (before they fled) Syria. There are estimated to be 7.2 million Palestinians who have been ethnically cleansed from their homeland by Israel. 4.3 million of them are formerly recognized as refugees by the UN.

So please take your Zionist Hasbara trolling elsewhere...

Thank you! Wish I could give this a thousand 'likes'.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Here I was afraid that Haley would be an empty skirt in her inexperience in the international arena, or hopeful that she would carry on her apparent turnaround in race relations in her former post. I cannot yet figure the source of her doctrine, but I'm appalled at her sexist, Palin/Fiorinaesque imagery in the AIPAC speech. Has she ever tried to kick someone in her heels? First, your one foot on the ground is unstable. Second, you can't reach them with the heel itself, so you wind up merely poking them with a possibly pointy toe and probably knocking yourself off balance. It's ridiculous.

The anti war wing of the Democratic Party has been demonized and essentially has become powerless. The Clinton Pelosi support for the neoconservative agenda and Clintons praise of Kissenger during her campaign put an end to any thought of runnng to end the Middle East wars. Now both Parties support Israeli extremists. Time to purge the party of war monger she and supporters of aggression over seas.