Home | About | Donate

Israeli Bombings Considered a 'Declaration of War,' Says Iraqi Political Bloc

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/26/israeli-bombings-considered-declaration-war-says-iraqi-political-bloc

3 Likes

If you skimmed over it, go back and read it again. This is freaking serious, somewhat lost behind the omnipresent omincide everywhere else. Israel is now proudly lobbing bombs wherever the hell. I hate to say it out loud – the phrase “death wish” comes to mind. This little story will not simmer down anytime soon.

Gather 'round while I sing you of Wernher von Braun
A man whose allegiance
Is ruled by expedience
Call him a Nazi, he won’t even frown
“Nazi, Schmazi!” says Wernher von Braun

Don’t say that he’s hypocritical
Say rather that he’s apolitical
“Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That’s not my department!” says Wernher von Braun

–Tom Lehrer

7 Likes
3 Likes

From the article:

“The Israeli government followed up the attacks Monday by cutting fuel transfers to Gaza.”

That makes as much sense as the US waging a 20-year war against Afghanistan as a response to 9/11.

10 Likes

Well they can’t very well bomb Israel, our 9/11 co-conspirators.

4 Likes

Israel is a criminal entity, like their bitch America.

7 Likes

Or Saudi Arabia…

8 Likes

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham says he wants the United States to enter into a “mutual defense” agreement with israhell stating that any attack on israhell would be an attack on the USAssholes. The last time israhell attacked Lebanon, and only Lebanon in a series of wars that ended in 2006, it resulted in a stalemate ending with 3000 israhell KIA and 500,000 illegal settlers displaced. With Netanyahu simultaneously attacking Iran, Syria, Lebanon and Syria they better reconsider expanding their wars since it won’t take too many bombs, rockets and other weapons to destroy a reeking kitty litter box the size of New Jersey with or without US assistance.

2 Likes

the closeted senator is owned by AIPAC

2 Likes

Israel could bomb a U.S.military base and congress wouldn’t utter a peep.

9 Likes

I’m just shocked Bennie " The Net " doesn’t want to got to prison. And if he loses the upcoming elections ( Carter Ctr. monitoring? ) he just may.
Sounds like the plight of another asshat ally of his; should the world outside of Washington, D. C. finally come to its senses ( not holding breath ), demanding justice and retribution for corruption, war crimes and obstruction.
Like that’s going to happen any time soon.

2 Likes

In reality israel defeated the USA when they attacked the USS Liberty and our government gladly gave them the key and its treasury to them during surrender ceremonies.

8 Likes

9-11 response. With some difficulty, enemies of the U.S. infiltrated our country and killed 3-4 thousand people. To make it easier for them to infiltrate we took the targets to their front door. Now they can kill us much easier. Over 4 thousand last I heard. How was it worth it to families and friends of the dead?
Lowly Palestine, the only country with the balls to respond to Israel killing and land grabs are heroes to many middle-easterners. We in the U.S. are a confused bunch of foolish characters to say the least

3 Likes

In self defense we should be telling the world that trump does not represent (The People). Only his small regime.

2 Likes

I think everyone knows that, due to the Trump exit from the 2015 international nuke deal.

Seems as though government control has been taken from the citizens of Israel as well.

A war where the people have no say in the deal.

1 Like

Yes. “The people” never really have a say in this. It is always those at the top who have the beef. Try to think of any one time “the people” rose up and made the leaders go to war.
Next question: why do any of us ever go along, ever, yet repeatedly, “we” do.

Remember “Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came?” - right-on anti-war slogan. Also movie with great cast. It tanked.

1 Like

My thought as well. The navy was sending fighters to defend the Liberty when Johnson made the carrier recall them. The Liberty was still under attack. No mistake on Israel’s part. More than an hour attacking. Flat out murder. Flat out Israel. Flat out illegal state. Should have recalled Israel.

2 Likes

If nuttin-hi-you re-elected.
There will be small attacks within Israel.
Israel has too many nukes that prevents middle east governments from tit for tat retaliations.