Home | About | Donate

Issuing 'Death Sentence' to Gray Wolves, Trump Admin Moves to Gut Federal Protections

Issuing 'Death Sentence' to Gray Wolves, Trump Admin Moves to Gut Federal Protections

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Conservation groups were up in arms Wednesday after the Trump administration moved to strip federal protections from gray wolves.

"This disgusting proposal would be a death sentence for gray wolves across the country," said Collette Adkins, a senior attorney at the Center for Biological Diversity. "The Trump administration is dead set on appeasing special interests that want to kill wolves."

1 Like

What is WRONG with him! He’s undoing EVERYTHING good in this country and establishing nothing bud BAD policies. I wonder how much he’s being paid under the table for all of these bad policies.

3 Likes

It’s more than that- these people hate animals!

1 Like

When the coyotes and others that keep the rodent numbers in check start to grow bigger and offspring start to double it will be like the economy. When republicans are in charge the economy falters and the debt rises.When the dems take the POTUS position they will have to fix the debt and restore the environment.

1 Like

So Obama (or people under him he chose) tried to do the same thing in 2013? That guy drives me nuts. I expect nothing from Trump, he is irredeemable - he can’t even do the few good things he promised like reduce tensions with Russia or really get out of Syria. But Obama should have been better than he was. I hope we don’t get another Democrat like him to run against Trump.

2 Likes

These Cowpokes’ grazing rights on public land is subsidized plenty, already. Raising beef-on-the-hoof like this is a losing proposition when all the other externalities are factored in, too. It’s not even a close call.
Now, they want to offer guided hunting tours ( with baiting and snowmobiles no doubt ) to a bunch of effin’ pukes, with more money than brains. Unbelievably short-sighted when most tourists would rather be given the chance to just observe and photograph, etc.
Get the Cowpunchers ( the real welfare queens ) off public lands and leave the wolves alone. Or, as they say at the slaughterhouse, " the only good cow is a dead cow ".

4 Likes

Maybe a bounty would help.

1 Like

Not necessary. They’ll be plenty of volunteers. When the tourists, fishing fanatics, rafters and other environmental forces start boycotting these states ( Wyoming, Idaho and Montana ) the cow punchers and hunting guides will buckle to the community’s real economy, not the subsidized one.

1 Like

The cowpunchers- that is a good one! Yes, they are welfare queens. Now, they want guided hunting tours ? Sickos! Anyway, meat is dead- cowpunchers!

1 Like

Yeah, right. The fishing fanatics are just as bad.

1 Like

Except for the animals they can sell.

2 Likes

There’s a special place in Hell for those that would harm wolves.

5 Likes

“The philosopher and the wolf” by Mark Rowlands is an extraordinary account of a non-human relationship.

One sentence in the book struck me: “we are so distracted by shiny and twinkling motives that we fail to see the ugliness beneath them”.

4 Likes

And am i right in believing that the wolves are sometimes hunted and shot from helicopters?

2 Likes

Sometimes? No you are no wrong as it rather commonplace. Indeed thats how they tend to do it here in Canada when the Government deems the population needs to be culled.

Up in the Ft MacMurray area of Northeast Alberta , the Woodland Caribou are in danger of extinction. Wolves and Caribou have co-existed up there for tens of thousands of years and the Caribou never faced extinction before. Meanwhile all of those tarsands plants are being built which strips away forests thus destroying Caribou habitat.

Rather then acknowledge it this habitat destruction that causes the population of Caribou to decline, they claim there too many wolves.

Now I grew up in both Ft Macmurray (moved there in my teens) and farmland a bit further south. While the population of wolves down in that farmland not overly great, they were there. I do not recall a single incident where a farmer lost livestock to a wolf. The wolf tended to avoid humans. In fact there was more a problem with packs of feral dogs than with Wolves. My Father and Uncles all hunted and I remember them telling me all sorts of stories of wolves. They were also farmers but would never hunt a wolf. They thought they were something special and as far as hunting went, you only hunted what you were going to eat.

4 Likes

Trump is a mad and stupid criminal who should be put behind bars ASAP.

3 Likes

Republicans are the embodiment of hate and death.

2 Likes

Since the prictator was elected I’ve been saying that Obama had a hand in his election due to all of his (Obama’s) bad policies. News like this just serves to prove it.

1 Like

Indeed, coming across wolves is a special thing. I’d argue the same for coyotes and foxes. Onetime, I came across a coyote while out solo backpacking. Both of us wanted to use the trail and neither of us wanted to step off the trail. That coyote sat down and stared at me for several minutes till it finally lowered its head and stepped off the trail to go around me. I told the story to some of my native friends. They really enjoyed the story and so gave me an “Indian name”: that being Wolf goes around him.

3 Likes

Trump and company out.
Wolves in.

2 Likes