Home | About | Donate

"It Is About Perseverance Against Cruelty": California Church's Nativity Scene Shows Holy Family Separated in Cages

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/09/it-about-perseverance-against-cruelty-california-churchs-nativity-scene-shows-holy

3 Likes

Jesús grew up and lived to teach us an example of radical welcoming of all… one human family in the great family tree of all species, no lesser, no greater… all deserving of a healthy commons of land/air/water/wildlife. All deserving of opportunity, of homes, of education, of health care. Because that’s how we treat family members. Because we are human. Not abstractions, not units of economic value.

8 Likes

In your face, murkins. Merry effing b*tch slap.
Liberate the camps.

3 Likes

Brilliant.

7 Likes

Wonder is faux noise will cover this story ? not

Thank you Pastor Ristine and United Methodists church. We shall be judged by how we treated the least of us.

8 Likes

In a word: BRILLIANT!

2 Likes

I wonder if ANY corporate media will cover it…or cover it up.

3 Likes

Wow! A powerful statement!

4 Likes

IMPEACH and Clean House.

“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.”

That is both Ideology and Theology and the foundation of our Democracy.
When we do not Honor that, we have Failed as a People and a Nation.

Yeah some people view that a making trouble.

3 Likes

I reckon that would be right. And fair enough. I once saw scrawled on the wall of a construction workers toilet: “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” In other words it’s never too late while still among the living to change our ways and begin to consider the plight of the less fortunate and those who are fleeing persecution. I think we should always mind how we will be judged at life’s end. we will not be in control of our destination from there.

2 Likes

“If this isn’t your church’s politics, you’ve got the wrong faith,” tweeted music journalist Zel McCarthy.

Soooo true! But of course, the Bible Trumping Evangelical hypocrites would vehemently disagree!

3 Likes

If they did we know they would have to eliminate the cages!

Naw, they’re too wrapped up in the happy (Holiday’s) rant.

A raw impression of the dog cages some were likely put in.

How much trouble will I get in for putting that picture on the communal computer at work and burnt into the retinas of my drudge reading, rush listening coworkers? Let’s find out.

5 Likes

This needs to be shoved in front of the face of each and every fake right wing christian:

“The villain is the innkeeper, a common everyday person, who sees their dire situation and chooses not to help,” Breznican continued. “No room. Sorry. America is full of innkeepers these days.”

5 Likes

This is a well done creche, in the true spirit of forcing the baby Jesus to be born in a rather unclean animal barn and placed in the animal feed trough.

3 Likes

WWJD?

Click “Like”

2 Likes

Dear Claremont United methodist Church:
I love what you did. Often a tableau is worth a 1000 words too. However, if you could make just 2 little changes----it would be even better.
Place the baby doll on a concrete slab and cover it with that shiny silver stuff for a blanket that ICE does with the children. That would make it very clear to some who might not be aware that this is real American history. Sad history but very real.

4 Likes