Home | About | Donate

'It Is Not a Forum for Coup-Mongering,' Says Venezuelan Official, After U.S. Walks Out of Arms Control Conference

'It Is Not a Forum for Coup-Mongering,' Says Venezuelan Official, After U.S. Walks Out of Arms Control Conference

Jake Johnson, staff writer

A U.S. official walked out of the United Nations-sponsored Conference on Disarmament on Tuesday after a representative from the elected government of Venezuela assumed the rotating chairmanship of the forum.

Robert Wood, the American disarmament ambassador, told reporters after leaving the forum that U.S.-backed Venezuelan opposition leader Juan Guaidó "should be in this body, should be sitting in that chair right now."

6 Likes

Has happened before

12 Likes

If we were to assume Wood had any credibility, and he shows none, Hillary Clinton should be president instead of D. Trump. But obviously the U.S. at this juncture is a rogue nation basing policy on greed and oil.
Perhaps we should be running a citizens coup to install someone other than Trump.
Democratic government is given a black eye by America.

8 Likes

The US ambassadors are both childish and churlish. Not to mention arrogant , without scruples or morals, lying and deceitful , self serving , vindictive and murderous along with being war mongering racist pricks. I am sure I left a few things out.

18 Likes

You said it well, I am becoming unhinged with all these little F’ers.

1 Like

Three countries that have been the US lapdogs and dictatorship friendly. Stay strong Maduro!

11 Likes

In short: pathological bullies.

2 Likes

And if there were an “opposition party” in the USA…
Or if there were a “resistance” in the USA…
Or if there were any honest “mainstream” or “liberal” media in the USA…

There would be denunciations and motions in Congress, mobilzation of protest and teach-ins, and relentless reporting on oh i don’t know MSNBC about the preposterous, outrageous, illegal, anti-democratic and murderous US machinations to get its bloody hands on all that dirty oil in Venezuela.

6 Likes

Not many. Those will do. Thanx.

No. They are the unhinged ones.

1 Like

I cannot wait until the words, The Trump Administration is Dead, is in the wind, everywhere.

1 Like

What a moron. ‘Guido should be sitting there’ … most decent nations have never heard of Guido. Eighty percent (80%) of the Venezuelan people say they have never heard of him. Bare in mind: The Venezuelans do not have mainstream media yap mouths hollowing out their brains or access to NYT and WAPO.

4 Likes

Actually, the USA installed all of these countries right wing sycophant “leaders”. They are not “lapdogs”. They are ruled directly by the Empire.

4 Likes

I’m waiting for the “Western Oligarch Empire is DEAD!” to be proclaimed everywhere.

4 Likes

Kudos to Mr. Valero, glad to see someone finally stand up to our ever spreading fascism.

4 Likes

Every time the US walks out of an international forum, it gives up its ability to represent its point of view. It allows leadership to vest in other nations. While that is good for the World, it is disastrous for the US!

2 Likes

…so…just what is the difference between Trump and Obama/Hillary blowing up Libya to get the oil? The difference of paying $5billion US taxpayer dollars for the coup to install a Fascist gov in Ukraine? To blow the hell out of Syria because they won’t let a pipeline be built across their country (HR BUSH’s complaint)?

Every freaking president over my entire life has invaded or bombed or funding terrorists or killed elected leaders or had a ‘police action’ or maybe a ‘humanitarian intervention’ somewhere/many wheres around the world murdering…let’s see, what was the latest figure? 20 million since WWII? Ethics? We don’t need no stinking ethics. We have a bible and are wrapped in a flag (now who said something about that???).

Get a grip, people. It’s not the talking head, it’s the entire society. It’s so broken that…dropping an egg on the pavement is more together. An analogy.

Nope, I certainly don’t have any answers. Doesn’t seem like anybody does. I don’t like ANY of the so-called candidates for 2020 of either party. They are all unacceptable.

sealintheSelkirks

I wouldn’t call the Brazilian government a U.S. lapdog. It’s more of a fellow traveller – and more openly enthusiastic about neo-fascism.