Home | About | Donate

'It Is Not Enough to Simply Oppose US Military Intervention': A Response to WOLA on Venezuela

'It Is Not Enough to Simply Oppose US Military Intervention': A Response to WOLA on Venezuela

Greg Grandin, Noam Chomsky

The following open letter is a response to a letter from the Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA) dated March 8, and published on Common Dreams here.

2 Likes

A fundamental lack of caring for human life and international law is pervasive in governments all over the globe.

This has influenced WOLA’s non response.

I am trying to find the appropriate size portrait of Simón Bolivar to shove up 45. Any suggestions? Please specify whether your reply is in English or metric units. Details on the nature of the frame are welcome, too.

1 Like

I could be really creative here, however, I wish not to waste too much thought on his sorry ass.

Good question though.

Twain said history rhymes, I guess. But it’s a very different world, now. The only Venezuelan general to defect to the colonial side just got arrested for drug trafficking. With the exception of Cuba, the USA has always been able to knock over pipsqueak outposts of Monroe’s doctrine, and quickly. Clearly, that’s not happening this time.

1 Like
   How enlightening to see how the European governments,

except Italy, support the American kakistocracy (gov’t by the least competent)
and its puppet Guido´, even the Organization of American States.
Like a recurring nightmare comes Kissinger’s quip, about the Chilean people
being “irresponsible” for electing Allende (1971), and therefore the United
States has the right to overthrow their democratically elected government.
Orwell warned us: “Ignorance is Strength.”