Home | About | Donate

“It’s a Mean & Nasty World Out There," Says Trump. "... HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!"."

“It’s a Mean & Nasty World Out There," Says Trump. "... HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!"."

Jon Queally, staff writer

First things first.

There’s another way ! Its a matter of choice .
Ours is not a better way merely another way.
All for One and One for All.
Humanity’s Team

A song about love and being yourself in the face of bigots.

Mean and nasty “out there”? Yeah, I guess the Orange Queen and his court in the White House would know, there being such a Thanksgiving-Day abundance of mean and nasty “in there.”

Its as if the Organized Crime Boss in Chief is explaining to the rest of us lesser beings that he knows more than most about meanness and nastiness, and that its just a fact of life we all should accept and embrace.

1 Like

Yes Glen greenwald, other presidents have done this sort of thing.
But does that give Trump, and every future president carte blanch to continue doing it? Two wrongs don’t make a right.

2 Likes

Choke On it Trump. from Mr. Mean & Nasty

1 Like

The original Thanksgiving was an alliance between a suddenly small tribe, the Wampanoags, who because of an epidemic were on the verge of being wiped out by the nearby Narragansett tribe, and a small religious denomination.

I’m thankful that the water protectors also want to protect our town from category 5 hurricanes, I’m thankful that our relatively small denomination sent people to the water protectors camp, and I’m thankful that 1000 veterans later showed up at the water protectors camp and convinced the remaining public cops that their job was crazy.

3 Likes

The depravity and utter lack of moral compass from the trumpenruhrer is plain for all to see; the question is will they act, and stand-up strong to his pathology in word and deed?

Silence equals complicity!

" Your silence is consent " - Plato

" All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent " - Thomas Jefferson

" To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of (people)." - Abraham Lincoln

" The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who look on and do nothing about it" - Albert Einstein

" What is right is not always popular, and what is popular is not always right " - Albert Einstein

" All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good (people) to do nothing " - Edmund Burke, et al

" Be the change you want to see in the world.” - Mahatma Gandhi

" Never never be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal (or Mother Earth) is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way. " - Dr Martin Luther King Jr.

" In the end we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. " - Dr King

1 Like

I am thankful for…email.
Yesterday after reading and watching the executive trash the judicial I emailed my senator and demanded that they do in fact practice the oath of office they swore to. But, like most turkey’s, they will just lay an egg. I got it outta my system, thus I am thankful for email and that is about it.

Trump, as “president” controlled by the true ruling elite, is first and foremost merely an ENTERTAINER.
His job is to create diversionary tactics, designed to distract.

He exists to play the role of hero in the “Myth of the Good King”.

The true “Deep State” is far deeper and more complex than a few corrupt FBI Agents and “Dem” operatives.

The true “Deep State” are those neo-feudal Lords whom have globalized the world, but are using “Nationalism” as a diversionary tactic, distracting away from their growing global control.

The 18th century also saw the definitive establishment of the MYTH OF THE GOOD KING and the father of his people.
Anecdotes, most of them made up out of whole cloth, sought to popularise the image of a merciful and generous sovereign. Hence the famous story of the siege of Paris, which was endlessly repeated by both artists and authors.
Touched by the suffering of the people of Paris, which he had encircled, Henri IV allegedly allowed food to be sent in to keep the inhabitants from starvation.
As the Henriade describes it, "In horrid siege thy bounteous hand shall give / Life to a nation, and its strength revive; / Then all thy realms shall taste the sweets of peace, / All strife shall vanish, and all discord cease."

The book “The Invisible Gorilla” describes how humans generally prefer amusing anecdotes over reality.
They prefer to regale themselves in these myths of the “Good Kings”, the great White Knights of hope.

Thanks for that post, happy thanksgiving…

Compare quotes. See, from the (less than) 1% view.

And, Realize: The Narratives have been controlled for decades more than have been revealed.

"It’s a Mean & Nasty World Out There.”

"We live in a dirty and dangerous world. There are some things the general public does not need to know, and shouldn’t.” Katharine Graham

“Political language . . . is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable . . . .” George Orwell

Sorta like Caligula bemoaning degeneracy, innit?