Home | About | Donate

It’s Time for a Mass Movement to Impeach Trump

It’s Time for a Mass Movement to Impeach Trump

Miles Mogulescu

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men.

I didn’t realize that Common Dreams thought much of Brennan, Friedman,Will and King. I know I don’t!
This is why the left is falling apart. When “push comes to shove” the only people they quote are deep state criminals.
Where is the strategic discussion reflecting on how neo-con traitor repugs like the War Criminal, legacy crap-head McCain is split from Trump and how the anti-war movement can exploit this division?

“President Pence, what should we do with women who want abortions?”

“Well, charge them with attempted murder, of course.”

“President Pence, how can we make this a better world for our children?”

“Start another war somewhere, of course.”

Re: The Russian Narrative Psyop Collaborators/Sellouts: Miles Mogulescu, Common Dreams, et al.

James Clapper Assures World The Russia Narrative He Built Is Legit

“Okay, now you definitely have to admit this is real!” “If you point out that no, those are still just unsubstantiated assertions from the same secretive, shady cast of characters who’ve recently organized the decimation of Iraq, Libya and Syria based on lies, you get called a ‘bot’ and accused of conducting psyops for the Kremlin.”

“Clapper is also a known liar of the very most egregious sort. In 2013 as National Director of Intelligence he was asked point-blank on the Senate floor about the NSA surveillance practices which would soon be exposed by Edward Snowden, and he lied about it under oath.”

New Cracks in Russia-gate ‘Assessment’

Remember WMD, WMD!! : “Yet, as any intelligence expert will tell you, if you ‘hand-pick’ the analysts, you are really hand-picking the conclusion. For instance, if the analysts were known to be hard-liners on Russia or supporters of Hillary Clinton, they could be expected to deliver the one-sided report that they did.”

“Have You No Sense of Decency?”

As has been said, Trash is symptom, not a cause

Repugs ain’t gonna replace a Repug PVL so-called President who signs every piece of sociopathic crap the Repug Congress passes.

The real damage continues to be done by the Repug Congress defunding govt, for 10 years now, into dysfunctionality, to enable the oligarchy’s unpoliced raping and pillaging of people and the planet.

White male Christian supremacist Pence would not replace a single kakistocratic cabinet head, which is where further serious damage is occurring.

Compared to the above, Trump is pretty toothless.

With all due respect to Mr. Mogulescu, this is an idiotic idea. As much as I despise the arrogant egotistical bigoted Donald Trump, I would prefer to have him serve out his term than to install Torquemada Pence.

I would rather have a Greedy businessman in the White House than a religious fanatic.

We should avoid all these cries for impeachment from a list of unreliable warmongers, with the exception of Stephen King, and concentrate on making the racist Don impotent for the next 2 years by gaining control of either the House or Senate and making sure he does not serve a second term.

Impeachment makes no sense whatsoever, unless Bernie was VP.

VeganVillage.org

This article is drivel and Common Dreams is carrying far too many in the same vein.

Citing guys like John Brennan as some sort of “progressive voice” or one who cares about Freedoms and Liberties is like asking Goebbels his views on Heydrich.

The two biggest threats to this Earth are Global Climate change and Nuclear War. For ANY person claiming themself as a Progressive and who is Anti-war to join in on this Anti Putin Hysteria is pathetic. Saddam Hussein was not a “nice man” either but this same sort of Hysteria went on in the Media in the hype for War on Iraq. These same “experts” trotted out scenarios of destruction on American soil comitted by the “Mad Dog” which led to over 80 percent of US Citizens supporting WAR.

The enemies within the United States of America are those that continue to support the warfare state and that continue to support Militarism and Military spending. These wars abroad and the continual hyping of “foreign threasts” is the single largest cause of the erosion of liberties in the USA which INCLUDED Clapper commiting mass surveillance against American citizens and then lying about it under oath. The breakdown of US infrastructure , the rise in poverty and the inability to afford health care all comes about because of MILITARY spending going off the rails and eating away the Nations wealth.

Anyone that supports this anti-Russian hysteria becomes “an enemy within” because all it leads to is demands for an ever larger Military and all it leads to is the world moving ever closer to Nuclear war. These types of articles are simply partisan mudslinging where the underlying issue in fact irrelevant to those slinging the Mud. (Just by way of example Clintons administration also sat down with the leader of North Korea and entered into agreements with him regarding Nuclear weapons technology. This was somehow a “good thing” where it now labeled as “treasonsous” when it a Republican doing it).

I implore Common Dreams to start carrying more articles that discuss PROGRESSIVE issues rather then this war stoking and who is the biggest “Patriot” nonsense. There plenty to get Herr Trump on regarding the real issues of poverty, wealth inequality, peace and justice for all.

Thank you for stating the obvious. Many thumbs up!

I should have mentioned that Federalist Society has dozens of young-ish, extreme right wing ideologues, “politicians in robes”, to be proposed for the Federal judiciary. Pres Pence would nominate every one of them w/o hesitation, continuing Repugs’ pollution, degradation of the Federal judiciary as a right wing/oligarchical swamp.

Well said. The central problem is that very few U.S.“progressives” are anti-war when push comes to shove. Worse, they seem unable to even believe that a U.S.-based global capitalist empire or the 95% of human beings outside of the U.S. even exist (except when it "affects us).

Unfortunately the obvious is aggressively ignored (looked away from) by the vast majority of people in the U.S., including “progressives.”

Trump is engaged in crimes and corruption (use of office for personal gain) that goes way beyond the Russia-election meddling stuff for which admittedly too much attention is being paid.

We’ll deal with Pence after we get rid of Trump - whose impeachment will have a major demoralizing effect. And no, Pence is not worse. He may be far-right wing, but he is at least a politician, not an psychopathic authoritarian.

One step at a time.

That quote is appropriate for Trump, but even more appropriate in describing the Fascism of the Fourth Reich, which has enabled Trump to become POTUS.

Cicero has also been quoted as saying that true democracy is participation in political power. If that quote is true, America is anything but a true democracy!

This is the kind of stuff I would be more worried about as An American rather then whether or not Trump talks to Putin.

https://today.uic.edu/uic-forms-partnership-with-central-intelligence-agency

Hey, Stephen King is not anywhere the same ilk as Brennan, Friedman, and Will. He’s not a deep state criminal. He’s more like one of those on the left who are being hoodwinked into what you describe.

King is the greatest novelist of our time.

It’s even worse. There’s no way an impeachment would actually remove Trump before there’s less than two years left of his term.

That means Pence could finish out this term and then be re-elected not just in 2020 but in 2024. Impeaching Trump means a possible ten years of a Pence presidency.

Thank you for your response. I concur with your assessment of Trump, he is basically an obnoxious agnostic real estate salesman trying to protect and increase his assets.

A wealthy businessman does not want to disrupt the economy or go to war and potentially lose his possessions.

However, I wholeheartedly disagree with your opinion that Pence is Not Worse. You only have to look at his record as Governor of Indiana. He literally declared war on the Gay community. I think same sex marriages would try to be nullified and outlawed under a Pence administration.

If Pence had his druthers he would quote from the Bible and make being Gay a capital punishment Stoning offense.

It was his idea to move our Embassy to Jerusalem and this religious fanatic would send our young sons and daughters to their death defending the imperialistic behavior of Israel.

Reluctantly, give me the Bleach Blonde bigot over the High Priest Pence any day of the week.

Besides, if the Dems concentrate on Impeachment and ignore the monetary and healthcare issues that the vast majority of people are concerned about, then we are simply following Hillary’s dumb campaign – Trump Bad – Trump Evil, and the Dems will continue to be in the minority.

Besides Impeachment is an exercise in futility because it will never happen. The House might get enough votes, if we take it back in the Mid-Term elections, to start the hearings, but you will Never get a Guilty vote from 2/3 of the Senate.

Why bog down the country and distract the Nation from the really important issues of imposing progressive ideals.

We have to stop telling the electorate, as Hillary did, that Trump is a Misogynistic Really Bad person without telling them what policies we would promote.

If we are constantly being distracted by the rude and loathsome behavior of the egotistical dimwit in the White House, when do we get around to pushing Bernie’s agenda? Which I am convinced the majority of voter’s support.

Our goal should be to secure a branch of the Legislature and render this loathsome bigot impotent for 2 years until we can throw him out of office through the ballot box.

Substituting the despicable racist with the insane religious bigot is not an option I would endorse.

BRILLIANT Post

Common Dreams is beating war drums for the democrats. They are one sided leaning toward neocon globalist. They produce these articles largely by and about true shitheads to turn the gaze away from their own beliefs.